Cam Newton Injured In Car Crash

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Cam Newton of Carolina Panthers involved in car accident - ESPN

Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton is in "fair condition" following a two-car accident Tuesday afternoon near the team's stadium.

The accident took place around 12:30 p.m., according to Charlotte police. Both Newton and the driver of the other vehicle were taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

The Panthers released a statement saying Newton will be held overnight for observation but that the franchise quarterback "is in fair condition and undergoing tests at Carolinas Medical Center."

Team owner Jerry Richardson told the Charlotte Observer that Newton is "in good shape," after speaking with Carolinas Medical Center doctors.

Preliminary tests performed on Newton indicate he escaped a rollover accident without suffering any fractures or other serious injuries.

"At this point, it looks like he's just got scrapes and bruises, but he should be OK,'' a source told ESPN's Ed Werder. "He's going to be sore and beat up, but he should be relatively OK.''

Newton, 25, was conscious when he was transported to the hospital, a source told Werder.

A witness told the Charlotte Observer that Newton was "alert" but "in pain" at the scene of the accident.

The Charlotte Observer tweeted out a photo of Newton after he was removed from his vehicle.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
264.jpg

[MENTION=517]10sec[/MENTION]

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton has two fractures in his lower back following a two-car accident Tuesday afternoon near the team's stadium.

"Further testing revealed that Cam Newton has two transverse process fractures in his lower back and no further internal injuries," the Panthers said in a statement Tuesday afternoon.

The injury suffered to Newton is the same back injury that Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo suffered earlier this season. Romo missed one game this season for the injury, however no timetable was given for how long Newton will be out, if at all.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Am I the only one that doesn't give a fuck about this? I man it sucks and all and I hope the guy is OK but this same thing happens to thousands of people daily and its not run over and over on the news...

If you follow sports it is a little important given he is the quarterback for a major team. If it was some 3rd stringer I doubt it would make the news.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info