Adrian Peterson's 2yr old son dies after assault

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
WTF is wrong with people.

How can anyone come to a point where they say, "I have to beat this child to with in an inch of their life if they don't behave. And if the child doesn't listen, I'll show them and I'll keep beating until the heat stops beating".

Another reason I hate planet earth.

RIP little guy.

bmoore04

TCG Elite Member
Jul 30, 2010
Winfield IL
1380717_10151957375740575_1333244162_n.jpg

Saw this on facebook.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Guy should not have been on the street.

From TheRedzone:

The man accused of assault in the beating death of Adrian Peterson's son was charged for assaulting a 3-year-old boy in 2012, John Hult of the Argus Leader reports.

Joseph Patterson, 27, is facing aggravated assault on an infant and aggravated assault counts for the Oct. 9 incident involving the son of NFL star Adrian Peterson. Additional charges are possible, according to the Lincoln County Stateā€™s Attorneyā€™s Office.

In court on Friday, Lincoln County Stateā€™s Attorney Tom Wollman asked a judge to revoke the terms of Pattersonā€™s suspended sentence on two domestic abuse cases. The first involved an assault on the mother of his own child and another of her children, the other arose from his refusal to abide by a judgeā€™s order that he have no contact with them.

Patterson was indicted on several counts of simple assault involving the woman and her 3-year-old son in June of 2012.

The woman took out a protection order against him in Lincoln County prior to his arrest, saying he had spanked her 3-year-old so hard for misbehaving in church that he needed ice for welts on his buttocks. When she got angry with him for it, she wrote, he made the children go to their rooms, pulled the shades, grabbed her by the throat and waved his fist in her face.

He stopped when their infant son began to cry. She also wrote that he had behaved violently in the past.

ā€œHe has threaten (sic) to kill me multiple times,ā€ she wrote.

The woman took out temporary protection orders against him twice in Minnehaha County prior to the birth of their son.

Patterson was given a one-year jail term in each Lincoln County case, with all the time suspended on the condition he attend domestic violence counseling.

In court on Friday, Wollman said Patterson was a danger to the community and at risk to flee. The prosecutor asked for a $750,000 cash bond, a request granted by Judge Stuart Tiede.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
The little boy was brutally beaten on Wednesday while in Pattersonā€™s home at Platinum Valley Apartments, Sioux Falls where he had recently moved with his mother. Patterson was the sole caregiver at the time.

Initially, police were told that the child had choked on candy. Only later did it emerge that his brain injuries were the result of being violently shaken.

The arrest was made after police found the little boy with injuries 'consistent with abuse'. Patterson is being held in Minnehaha County Jail, South Dakota on $750,000 cash bond. He is scheduled to appear in court on October 23 but a grand jury indictment is expected before then.

South Dakota Stateā€™s Attorney Thomas Wollman filed motions on Friday ordering Patterson to serve two year-long sentences that had been suspended on prior domestic assault charges.

Patterson had pleaded guilty in 2012 to simple assault in an incident involving an ex-girlfriend and her three-year-old son.

The woman requested a protection order saying that Patterson had spanked her little boy so hard that she had to ice the welts on his buttocks, according to the Argus.

She also said that he choked and punched her, threatened her with a knife and held her in the bedroom against her will, according to records.

She asked for the protection orders prior to the birth of the son she has with Patterson.

As part of his prior charges, Patterson was ordered to undergo family violence training and to stay away from the woman until completing it.

A different woman requested a protection order against Patterson in 2004 in Jackson County.

It is believed that Patterson only recently began a relationship with the mother of the child he allegedly killed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info