Saltwater Fish and more

I don't have the time, money, and mostly space to do the saltwater tank anymore. It was a small tank and I never really got anything cool going on in it. I'd like to sell the livestock and I think I will store the equipment for maybe a fresh water tank down the road. What I have is..

1 clown fish about 1.75" long
1 snail
2 crabs
4 live rocks weighing maybe 12-14 lbs.
2 of the rocks have quite a bit of stuff growing on them and look pretty cool
2 are more bare with some spots of red algee

Anyone interested?

wizdawg

TCG Elite Member
May 1, 2005
What type of clownfish is it and could i get pics of the rock? interested depending on the type of clownfish/rock. Were you running a reef or just fowlr? I have a reef so im a little picky about what goes in there. Would also like prices.

Here is the only available picture I have at the moment. If you want close ups of each rock I can do that when I get home from work.

The rock and fish were bought from Scott's Pet Shop in Westchester. The cock is whatever they sell there. I think its Cured Primium Fiji. But I can call Scotts if you want me to. The clown is just the normal looking clown (Nemo), tank raised I believe. Sorry for the lack of technical terms, LOL.

I really don't know what its worth. Purchased new from Scotts the rock and clown were about $130. Make me a reasonable/honest offer, picked up (I can't transport).

wizdawg

TCG Elite Member
May 1, 2005
tank-1.jpg

dohc97

resident mexican
Mar 21, 2005
how big are the rocks?you should post this up on reefcentral you will get a lot more interest, but ill say that you wont get more than 3-4 dollars per pound of the rock and the clown seems to be an ocellaris so you wont get much there either. It seems that none of those rocks would fit my aquascape so i wont be buying any, those two pieces in the center are pretty nice though im sure someone on reefcentral will take them.

wizdawg

TCG Elite Member
May 1, 2005
how big are the rocks?you should post this up on reefcentral you will get a lot more interest, but ill say that you wont get more than 3-4 dollars per pound of the rock and the clown seems to be an ocellaris so you wont get much there either. It seems that none of those rocks would fit my aquascape so i wont be buying any, those two pieces in the center are pretty nice though im sure someone on reefcentral will take them.

You seem to know more about this than me. You think I can get 50 dollars for everything?

dohc97

resident mexican
Mar 21, 2005
you should be able to at least make that much, by the way you can sell the sand too, its considered live sand and desirable to people starting new setups or refugiums. Start it out at something like $70 and see what people say. you said its about 12 lbs of rock right?

wizdawg

TCG Elite Member
May 1, 2005
you should be able to at least make that much, by the way you can sell the sand too, its considered live sand and desirable to people starting new setups or refugiums. Start it out at something like $70 and see what people say. you said its about 12 lbs of rock right?

I would guess about 12 lbs. I know the large one in the middle is 7 lb (its pretty dense). I tired to post on reef central, but you need 50 post to do so. Want to sell for me? I'll give you 10%, LOL

Maybe I'll try CraigsList.

Sure you don't want it?

wizdawg

TCG Elite Member
May 1, 2005
Anyone interested in the complete tank. Up and running, ready to go.

29 gallon saltwater aquarium. This tank has been established/running for over a year. The live stock included a Clown fish, snail, and 2 crabs. The aquarium has approximately 12-14 pounds of live rock. 4 rocks total. 2 of the rock have a lot of stuff growing on them. 2 are more bare, but with some red algae starting to grow on them. The bottom of the tank is a bed of live sand.

Equipment includes...
29 gallon glass fish tank
Glass top
Florescent Light
Black (Sauder like brand) stand for the 29 gallon tank
Heater
Eheim canister filter model #2213

Misc Parts include...
Saltwater test kit
Cleaning siphon
Cleaning pad
Black background
Hydrometer
1/2 bucket of salt
Extra crushed coral gravel
Magnetic glass tank cleaner
Remaining food

Basically, everything you need to keep the tank running is included. I hope it goes to a good home. I just don't have the space for it. More pics are available upon request. Must be picked up. Can not ship. If you live close enough I may be able to help deliver and setup, but no promises. Please PM me with any questions.

$250

-Brian

Thread Info

• wizdawg
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list