cheap KB on ebay

02mingreyconv

Regular
Jan 31, 2005
MGT2002 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/kENN...ryZ33741QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

for anyone interested, only 3200 and has most of the parts from what i can see

Kenne Bell discontinued the 2.2L and the 2.4L and they were replaced with the 2.6L and the 2.8L. Rumors are that there will be a 3.XL next year.

This means that you will see alot of used blowers popping up as people want to upgrade to a bigger one. I want to do the same with my 1.7 since it has been replaced with a 2.1. I could go for a 2.6, but then I would need a new hood.

Umpas01LTNG

True Boostin'
Aug 18, 2006
02mingreyconv said:
Kenne Bell discontinued the 2.2L and the 2.4L and they were replaced with the 2.6L and the 2.8L. Rumors are that there will be a 3.XL next year.

This means that you will see alot of used blowers popping up as people want to upgrade to a bigger one. I want to do the same with my 1.7 since it has been replaced with a 2.1. I could go for a 2.6, but then I would need a new hood.
no shit, i beter start savin up, lol

02RedL

Why would they discontinue them? Before the 2.4 was suppose to be to much blower for the motor if you werent gonna run at least 20+ lbs! Nobody really did it because they were afraid of hurtin the motor! Now there makin the 2.6 and 2.8 for somethin that with a 2.4 could hurt it! :dunno: Am I missin somethin here!

when r people going to learn that selling a used blower they can not get the same price they bought them for. I think a used kb should be 2500 dollars shipped if u used it - because everybody knows they were not ran lightly so damage may have occured due to stupid people! Some prices people want for parts is just down rite stupid - i guess if people will buy them at that price more power to u but not worth it-- like said above u can get a whipple brand new for that price!

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
FR 500 HAND BUILT said:
when r people going to learn that selling a used blower they can not get the same price they bought them for. I think a used kb should be 2500 dollars shipped if u used it - because everybody knows they were not ran lightly so damage may have occured due to stupid people! Some prices people want for parts is just down rite stupid - i guess if people will buy them at that price more power to u but not worth it-- like said above u can get a whipple brand new for that price!

i think i priced mine fairly for a 6 month old polished blower and accys...

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
FR 500 HAND BUILT said:

I called Steig before about a used blower and they said anything used can be considered good if it was not overspun. Do you know how many #'s a KB is rated for? So I think it is hard to abuse it since it was built for that. .02

SLASH said:
i think i priced mine fairly for a 6 month old polished blower and accys...

yes u did- and i would not mind buying urs for that price because u do not seem like a guy who would screw u over on this kind of sale. IF there were any problems i am sure u would not mind helping to solve them.

To the other guy talking about over spinning them. I have seen them with 5 thousand miles on them and they have to go back to kb to be fixed becuase they were making noise or sounded like the 2 blades are chipped- Also the problem with buying a older blower is i don't think they will be fixing most of them anymore either when they break. They r discountnuing the 2.2 and the 2.4 kb's so they will also not carry the parts to fix them when they go south. So how r we going to make sure this blower for 3300 dollars or more is going to last for a long time becuase they will not be able to fix them! I am just getting at the point is prochargers are cheaper and make more power across the board so i am trying to figure out why used kb's r still so much money.

markssvt said:
Totally agree a procharger f1a and built motor are going
in my car as we speek. A used kb should be like 2000.00
in mint condition . The blower is over the hill now.
Kb is not producing them anymore sow watch what you
by :)

I am still considering the f2m procharger with race gas trying to pump out-- ohh 1100 rearwheel for track use and daily it to like 500 rwhp. :headbang:

Thread Info