savannah monitor fs, includes tank

I have a friend who no longer has time to care for his savannah monitor, he wants to sell it for $80 including the 55 gallon tank he is currently housed in. Just wondering if anyone wants it, i will try to get pictures within the next couple days. By what he says the monitor is probably close to 2 feet in length.

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
dohc97 said:
I have a friend who no longer has time to care for his savannah monitor, he wants to sell it for $80 including the 55 gallon tank he is currently housed in. Just wondering if anyone wants it, i will try to get pictures within the next couple days. By what he says the monitor is probably close to 2 feet in length.

dang I thought this was a computer monitor for sale... and was wonder wtf about the tank

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
Sounds interesting, but I have to read up more about them.

The Savannah Monitor is one of the "mid sized monitor lizards. Monitors in general are large lizards; the water monitor can reach lengths of nine feet! Most types are not suitable for keeping in captivity by amateurs, many species can be aggressive and difficult to handle. Imagine the difficulties of having a violent lizard twice your size...

The Savannah monitor is sold as a pet, and can be kept by the dedicated hobbyist. However, just because it is sold doesn't mean it is suitable for everyone. They are one of the mid-sized species, reaching three to four feet in length when full grown. In general, they can become tame when raised from a young age, handled appropriately and given a proper habitat.

As with all reptiles, the savannah monitor can suffer from internal and external parasites. Your new monitor should be checked by a vet specializing in reptiles. Make sure to keep it isolated from any other reptiles until it has been examined.

Savannah montitors are carnivores, and require careful attention to their feeding. They will eat insects when young, but will soon be needing rodents. Make sure you will be comfortable with this before selecting one as a pet!

A single monitor is recommended, unless you plan to breed them. Reptile breeding is a science that is beyond the scope of this site, and we suggest keeping a single monitor per enclosure.

dohc97

resident mexican
Mar 21, 2005
My friend says that his monitor is very tame with people, he has had it for about 2 years i believe. Ever since he was a baby, he also said he eats a mouse about every 5 days and that he could eat other things as well. For reference i just saw a tiny one at a local store going for the 80 dollars he is asking for. Will try to get pics within the next 2 days or so, im interested in seeing him too.

Thread Info