Cheap old but good electronics inside (TVs, reciever, bookshelf stereo, HTIB, etc)

Oh yeah....forgot about this thread. OK, down to just a few things left. I am pretty firm on the prices. I live in Naperville, and will be willing to drive a short distance to meet up with someone for the CD player (not the TVs, those are pick up only), but that is all. Do not contact me asking if I'll deliver my $10 electronics to Chicago. Not going to happen. And no, I won't ship! Nothing here would be worth the cost of shipping. Anyhow, here's what I got left. If interested in anything, please PM me.

2. Denon DCD-600 CD Player $10
This is a single-disc CD player produced around the same time as the above receiver. Unfortunately, this one has not shared the same anti-aging fortune. Cosmetically, it is still in very good condition just like the receiver. However, though the display still works well (AWESOME looking display), the CD tray will not open without you helping it get started (will close fine automatically), and it also won't do anything once you put a CD in. I don't have a remote for this unit either. If I had the time to track down parts and repair it myself, I would because I LOVE how this unit looks.

5. RCA 24F512T 24" Flat Screen (not panel) TV $25
This was my bedroom TV till I moved to an apartment in which I didn't have room for it anymore. Because it is a flat screen, it is a true 24" vs. traditional tube TVs diagonal measurements being curved. Worked perfectly fine before I stopped using it, and still powers on with no issues as you can see in the picture below. I didn't have a means to attach it to cable where it sits right now, but I very, very highly doubt anything is wrong with it. Has one set of input and one set of output RC cable jacks with a coaxial and S video connection on the back, and another set of input jacks behind the left speaker which is cool because it's still "front inputs", but at the same time are kind of hidden. The controls are also on top of the TV which gives it a pretty sleek look. This comes with the original remote. Here are the specs: RCA 24F512T - 24" CRT TV - Direct View TVs (CRT)s - CNET Archive

Electronics5.jpg
Electronics6.jpg

6. Apex AT3208S 32" CRT TV $35
This was my main/living room TV until I upgraded to a plasma a while back. Everything was working perfectly fine on it when I retired it, and I powered it on real quick just to make sure it was still good (as you can see in the picture below). Yes, it's an old school, heavy CRT tube TV, but it's cheap screen real estate if you want to stick a TV in a room that doesn't require the latest, state-of-the-art technology for entertainment. This will come with the original remote. Stats can be found here: Buy.com - APEX AT3208S 32 inch Television Stereo

Electronics7.jpg
Electronics8.jpg
Electronics9.jpg

Last edited:

RareGMFan

Addict
Jan 12, 2008
Naperville, IL
Mmkay, HUGE mess up on my part. The Aiwa system was meant to have a price of $80, not $40. The $40 was for the Phillips 5.1, and I accidentally put the same price by the Aiwa 5.1 as well. Sorry for those who inquired about it already! BTW, I did power it up and everything but the green lights for the play button works (between the pause/stop buttons and the rev/fwd buttons. Have no way to test the cassette players, though.

Thread Info

• RareGMFan
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list