Engagement Ring

I'm selling an engagement ring that's actually been laying around for a while. A brief story about the history of the ring...

I was seeing this one girl that I've bent over backwards for. Took care of her, her 3 kids, her younger sister (just a couple years younger than me) and her sisters 2 kids. This was when I was working long days and a construction job. Well I thought she was the one. I went to Rogers and Hollands and looked at the rings. I found the setting I liked and looked at different diamonds. So basically it's a special order. Well she cheated on me, and I never had the chance to even show her the ring or even propose to her. This has been sitting her for a couple years and well...I might as well sell it since I have no use for it. I can't give a ring that I bought to a girl when the ring was meant for somebody else entirely. I'm weird like that.

But here's a link to the craigslist ad I put up just now.
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/jwl/1135742867.html

I'm asking $5500 OBO. I paid a little less than $8,000 but the ring is valued at $9899.00

Please keep this on topic and pass the word around if you know somebody that's interested. I'll be happy enough to give somebody a hundred or two for helping sell the ring. (depending on the selling price).

Thread Info