Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date wristwatch (1970)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's probably a long shot on the forum, but figured I'd post this up anyhow.

Rolex Date watch from 1970.14 kt yellow gold face, with 18 kt gold fluted bezel. Most of the fine details are in the picture below from the appraisal from the jewler (Morgan and Lambert in Wheaton).

The bracelet is not the original and is the Jubille B6252 band in 14k gold/SS. Synthetic sapphire has a very slight/fine scratch on it. Rest of watch is in great condition considering age. Similar watch today brand new is going for almost 6K.

Looking for ~2K.

Edit for new price: $1,750

Rolex_zpsb423f9d6.jpg

Rolex021_zps9e15741d.jpg

Rolex034_zps2027f796.jpg

Rolex033_zpsc1f81852.jpg

Last edited:

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
I'm not really sure what "size" per say the band in in MM or what not. It fits my wrist currently, I tried to measure it's like 5.5 inches or so around. The bracelet also comes with 4 extra links included though to expand it and make it larger which are also still 14K and SS.

Yes the watch has been serviced by Rolex (sent in) about 5 years ago, then it was re-checked by a jeweler more recently.

WOLVERINE

Regular
Oct 14, 2010
If you had no takers on ebay it's most likely due to the wrong band and the scratch that you pointed out. Looks interesting, but at that price you're looking for it doesn't leave much room for a buyer to resell if he doesn't like it once bought. Any Rolex paperwork or box?

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Yeah I agree with that, but hopefully they realize it's a better band than the original that came with this particular model and is an actual rolex band (although I know people want it the way it came).

2K was just a starting point, I would take less than that, problem also is you get hit by ebay for 9% of the ending price.

Have a rolex box yes, paperwork no unfortunately except for the written appraisal, and was maybe going to have it re-appraised again and get another set of professional appraisals as well. This watch was my grandfather's, and he didn't pass any paperwork with it. The serial number has been checked by Rolex data base and is clean and good to go (2nd owner of watch in family)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info