I sell and Install Garage Heaters & Furnaces

Hey TCG'ers,

Boy, It's F'n cold out there. Free in home proposals, and 10% off for all TCG'ers.

How about a new Garage Heater?

HotDawg.jpg

Or a new Furnace?

Bryantman-StandingwithFurnace.jpg

My Heating and Air Conditioning Company is located in Huntley. Our typical service area is about a 25 mile radius from Huntley. We are mainly a residential repair / replacement HVAC company. We do all of the normal HVAC stuff:

- Emergency No Heat Service Calls
- New HVAC equipment and duct work
- Routine Maintenance / Clean and Checks
- Humidifiers / Air Cleaners
- Lots of other stuff

Check out my web site: http://iwantwade.com/Page_1.php

Or give me a call: 847-669-6300

Scott Wade - aka - Scgoaty

WadeColorLogowithPhoneNumber2.jpg

Scgoaty

Say Cheese
Feb 22, 2008
Algonquin, IL
50% of all no heat service calls are due to a dirty filter, not enough air flow. When was the last time the filter was changed? You can also reset the furnace by turning it off and back on at the circuit breaker or the service switch on the furnace (like a light switch attached to the side of the furnace). If it kicked off due to high temperature limit and you put a new filter in it and reset it, you may be good to go. If it is not lighting at all, the second most common problem is the ignitor. An ignitor is like a light bulb, once it goes out there is no bringing it back to life and it needs to be replaced. The last thing to check is the exhaust, we find alot of birds in flue pipes.

If none of the above works, I can set you up with a service call, rates are (before TCG 10% off):
$75.00 trip charge / diagnosis
$100.00 per hour for labor, billed on 15 minute increments
Plus the cost for any parts.

If you think it is the ignitor, call me with the model and serial number and if your up to doing the repair yourself, I will get the part for you.

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
my townhouse in belvidere is about a 1.5 years old

1. how much for a heater for a 2 car garage? gas or electric?
2. my master bedroom is above our garage, so i expect it to be a little colder then the rest of the house, but its like 20 degrees colder....the HVAC company that the builder used adjusted some shit for flow but hasnt made a differance - what do you think?

Scgoaty

Say Cheese
Feb 22, 2008
Algonquin, IL
Two car garage Gas Heater, 45,000 BTU's like the Modine Hot Dawg in the picture that is in the first post, $1,500 to 1,800 for full install. It could be less depending on where the Gas, Electric, and Flue need to come from and get to, or if you do any of it yourself.

A warm garage will definitely help the rooms above. The only way to get more heat in one area is to take it away from other areas. Close dampers or floor vents in the warmer areas if you can. If you have already done this, have you tried to keep the thermostat set to FAN ON instead of AUTO? This will circulate the air throughout the house even when the fire is not on in the furnace and should even out the temperature difference. Works in the Summer time too when you have areas that are warmer than others. Try it tonight.

We can stop by your home and give you a Free in home proposal with an exact cost if you would like. My Service guy lives in Belvidere. You can PM me here or call my office number. We have a 24/7 answering service when I am not in the office.

Last edited:

Thread Info