$100 Blu Ray player

Blu Ray players have finally dropped below the $100 price point. Best Buy is discontinuing their Insignia NS-BRDVD3 Blu Ray player. It is currently on sale for $99.99. This player is equipped with NetFlix software and can play streaming NetFlix videos on your T.V.

I picked one up tonight. This player connects to your router/gateway using an ethernet cable. You could add a wireless connector if your router/gateway isn't close. I connected to the gateway [AT&T], hooked up an HDMI cable to my HDTV and plugged it in. It automatically found the internet and asked if I wanted to update the software. After updating, the unit was ready to go. Simple.

It's a basic Blu Ray player. Doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles like more expensive players. I popped in a Blu Ray disk and sat down to watch. Hmm. Coming to America is rated R. I forgot about the opening scene. Blu Ray definitely adds something to the bath scene with Eddie Murphy and several topless young ladies. You can see the water drip from them. Decent quality. Better than DVD. Next I popped in Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D. It looked as good as it does when played on the PS3. The 3D looked 3D. Finally, I put Rattatouie in decided I'm happy with the quality of the picture. It may not be up to the level of a $400 player but it's definitely Blu Ray caliber. Not bad for $100. I talked a little with the manager at Best Buy while I was there. He mentioned the unit is built by LG. A four year warranty is available for $20 if you want the insurance.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...96447923&ref=39&loc=01#tabbed-customerreviews

Thread Info

• Flyn
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list