For Sale: Black 1988 Mustang GT with 88mm turbo

RE-LIST: Jan 5, 2010
Updates:
A: The engine now has 0 miles on it-- all fresh- RGR race engines freshened the motor with a fresh hone, new hellfire rings, and all new bearings. Its all together and ready to race.
B: Neal Chance racing converters sent me a brand new custom Billet stator for the bolt together converter which he assures me will get the converter to be perfect. The stage 4 stator that was in it was just too tight to get the rpm I needed to get out of the hole with a good 60ft. He says he will make me another for free if needed- but he is confident this will do the trick. With this change, the car will run 8's every pass. I have a large stack of 9.0-9.1 runs from the last 2 years all with slow 60fts (1.5x's) and 150+mph. It should be solid 8.80's at 155+ every run now.
C: The rear brakes are done-- now brand new dual 4 piston calipers per side with the wilwood reserve pressure valve installed too. System has been bled, but it will probably need a bit more bleeding to be perfect.
D: the headers and cross over as well as the turbo housing and the valve covers-- all freshly professionally polished by Rafal's auto spa- and they look great!
E: possible trade on 03 cobra or other stockish car/truck. Something I may be able to sell outright a bit easier.

For Sale: Black 1988 Mustang GT with 88mm turbo.

Body has about 75K miles on it. I set out to build a bad ass street car that would beat anything that came its way. This car was built to drive to and from the track and be able to run in the 8’s. It can and does do just that! I run at Byron Dragway which is 66 miles from my house. No problem. The car has multiple tunes for it- I usually run 20 psi on the street with 100 octane fuel and that makes over 900 rwhp. I ran 26 psi at the track and ran in the 8’s by adding some 116 to the tank for security. The fuel system is ready for E85. Just going to need a tune for it. I also have a ZEX dry nitrous kit on the car that has never been used. Bottle heater, digital rpm window switch, purge etc. I was going to use it to help spool up the turbo but have not needed it yet and with the dual rear calipers, I don’t think it will be needed at all.

Here are the specs on the car:

Chassis:
- Maximum Motorsports 6 point Roll Bar with Swing out Door bars
- 8.8 With Strange Spool, 33 Spline Axles, 3.55 gears, with new Strange C-Clip eliminators. Has all the brackets welded on for a 4 link set up and wheelie bars. (I do have the 4 link bars available too)
-Baseline Suspension Rear Race Kit uppers and Chromoly Double Adjustable Lowers
- Team Z Anti Roll Bar
- Weld Draglites (15X8, 15X5) (MT 275/60/15 DR's and a extra pair of Draglites with 28x10.5 slicks)
- Rear brakes: Aerospace 4 piston calipers- (DUAL calipers per side just about to go on) with cross drilled / slotted rotors. Front brakes: 99 mustang GT brakes (aluminum PBR 2 piston calipers)
- Team Z Tubular K-member and A-arms
- Strange Coilovers on all 4’s with Strange single adjustable struts and dual adjustable shocks
- Flaming River Manual Rack
-engine plates
-Full interior (less the back seat), has Corbeau racing seats, 700 watt stereo system, alpine, Rockford and solobaric L7 etc.
- The paint is pretty good, but not a show car- it’s a race car!

Engine – R-block 336 CID
Engine Built by RGR Race Engines (Rich Groh Race Engines)
- 3.25" Stroke 28oz Balanced Scat Crank
- Scat Forged Rods with ARP L-19 Bolt upgrade
- Diamond Custom Pistons with Hell fire rings
- Edelbrock Victor JR Heads with 62cc Chambers, 2.10/1.60 Ti/SS valves, ProComp rockers with girdle
- 8.8:1 compression
- Comp Cams custom turbo grind ~ .280 duration - ~.575 lift (Rich Groh the original build sheets and provide the exact specs)
- Super Victor Intake -Port matched to heads
- 90mm Accufab TB

Turbo Kit
- Custom 321 stainless Headers
- Custom Hot side with 2 inconel flex bellows feeding a center mounted T6 flange (again, all stainless)
- 5" downpipe
- 5" to dual 3 1/2" Y pipe with Dual 3" Dynomax ultraflo exhaust and turndowns (all mild steel)
- Custom built 4” aluminum cold side
- GT47-88MM turbo
- xO2 60MM Waste gate
- JGS 50mm BOV
- AMS-500electronic boost controller with CO2 setup
-Snow performance stage 2 Meth injection setup with dual nozzles.

Transmission
- JW ProMod Powerglide (1800hp) with the best of the best inside
- 1.80 Straight gears
- 10 clutch high gear
-deep pan, locar dipstick, DUAL trans coolers, Hurst shifter.
-JW UltraCase
- JW Ultrabell Bellhousing
- JW roller tail section
- Neal Pro Brake with 2 wire solenoid
- Neil Chance ProMod 10” bolt together converter

Fuel System
- Glenn’s performance sumped Gas Tank
- Freshly rebuilt Weldon 2025 Fuel Pump with Weldon voltage controller
- -12 from sump to prefilter to the pump to post filter- then
- -10 to -8 Y block split to back of each rail
- -8 from front of each rail to Regulator
- -8 Return
- Edelbrock Super victor Fuel Rails
- 160 # injectors recently cleaned, re-conditioned and flow'd

Electronics
- ECU – BigStuff 3
-MSD digital 7 Programmable, race Coil, MSD billet dual sync distributor, crank trigger 10mm wires
-Ams-500, ZEX efi dry kit, remote Meizer 55GPH water pump, electric fans on both radiators and one fan on one of the trans coolers, E-Boost2 used for digital boost gauge, Full Autometer gauges, 5” tach, water and trans temp, EGT, oil pressure etc.

I am sure there are many more details I have left out- just ask. I built the car from top to bottom so I can answer anything you need to know. Car has gone 8.95 @ 157 so far with a 1.46 60 ft. leaving at 9 psi. There is plenty more in it!!

Price: $28,000. Pretty firm on the price as I have over twice that in it! Selling because I am buying another house and need some more down payment money! And because I have only been able to drive it like 3 times this year because I have been so busy with family stuff- someone should be racing it!

email me at [email protected] with questions etc. Located in the NW burbs. I will post up some pictures and a link to the "build thread" I made for this setup ASAP.

Thanks!
Lee

Attachments

• alec in the pool 022.jpg
    alec in the pool 022.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 1,409
  • I-phone pics 08 098.jpg
    I-phone pics 08 098.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 1,361
  • header kit.jpg
    header kit.jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 1,383
D

Drlee50

Thanks guys- I dont really want to sell it, but it will be an excuse to start another project down the road. Once I get a bigger house with a 3 car garage and a lift etc, I will start a new project. I dont HAVE to sell the car, but right now, it IS the wise thing to do.

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
Thanks guys- I dont really want to sell it, but it will be an excuse to start another project down the road. Once I get a bigger house with a 3 car garage and a lift etc, I will start a new project. I dont HAVE to sell the car, but right now, it IS the wise thing to do.

Taking all that $ from the sale and dumping it into FAZ??? You'll probably wouldn't have to wait that long, the way things are "really" going, to get a good ROI. Build a nice little house w/ a 4 car garage and lift. :D

All kidding aside... Sounds lke a hell of a car... Good luck w/ the sale :)

Painter

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
I wish the economy was better, I would buy this......I just installed my RGR 4.6 and heads into my cobra, awaiting the results here shortly on the new combo. So you have 2 cars then right......this and the capri? Did rich assemble the motor and do the machining? Just curious. Bump for you.....

Thread Info