01 Cobra Vert, True Blue, 59k with forged bottom end and built solid rear 11k

The car is a 2001 True Blue Cobra Vert

I'm selling it because I knew I didn't want a vert, but couldn't pass up the price when I bought it 2+ years ago. I just purchased a 99 hardtop, so I've got to get rid of this one. A little background on the car...I originally had no plans to go forced induction, but then when I saw how quick things addup when going all motor I decided to buy a blower. Before this happened, I grenaded the tranny and had it rebuilt. About 5-8k later I put a novi 2000 blower on the stock bottom end. It just made me nervous and I couldn't drive it like I wanted, so I replaced the bottom end. The car then made 540hp on the dyno with a Bob Kurgan tune. The solid rear was put in shortly after and purchased from a member of the forum here (gteatr6).

I am only selling because I already have a daily driver, and want a hardtop. It's true when people tell you that if you are on the fence about a vert in the first place, you won't ever really be entirely happy with it.

I will be more than up front with the things that aren't perfect with the car. The biggest thing is that the driver's seat is broken. I still drive it everyday when it's nice, so it's not like it doesn't fuction, but it's bent. If you were sitting in the seat, your left shoulder would be farther forward than your right shoulder. I tried to take a picture from the side to show what I'm talking about, and if there is anymore clarification needed let me know. It's is still fully usable, like I said I drive it whenever it's nice, but it's not perfect. I think the only other thing that is wrong with the interior is a new shift boot is needed.

There are some scratches on the car, there is one long one on the hood that was there when I bought it, there is one on the rear bumper cover, and there is one on the rear trunk panel because the idiot who had the car before me put their sirius radio antenna there.

Pictures of these are all available and will be posted as well.

The reason that the car has a terminator front and rear bumper is because the car was in a minor accident a year ago. Some lady wasn't paying attention and hit me at maybe 5mph so I got a new front and rear bumper for free. The accident was so minor that these were the only two things that were replaced, and the front mount intercooler was untouched. The top was replaced earlier because when I was having the tranny rebuilt, the shop accidentally punctured the original top (tan) and replaced it for me. The new top is now black and has about 10-15k on it.

I think I covered everything, any other questions just pm me here.

Kevin

Break down of the car is as follows:

-58,600 miles on the chassis
-5k on forged bottom end
-solid rear from 04 GT
-modified returnless style system (will support around 450 rwhp currently, a change of injectors and MAF and it's good for 600)

Go Fast Mods
-JLT RAI (Brand New, was just put on because I didn't keep the stock intake)
-Manley Pistons (18cc, should be about 8.5:1 compression with 4v heads)
-H Beam Rods
-Balanced and Bluprinted
-Teskid Aluminum Block (.30 over)
-Federal Mogul Bearings
-Melling Oil Pump
-Windage Tray
-All ARP Studs
-03/04 Cobra Fuel Tank
-Dual GT Supercar Pumps
-Upgraded Lines
-39lb Terminator Injectors
-90mm Lightning MAF

Suspension Mods
-Rebuilt 3650 trans (10-15k on it)
-Spec Stage 2 Clutch (10-15k on it)
-Spec Aluminum Flywheel (10-15k on it)
-Bilstein HD Shocks/Struts (3k on them)
-H&R Race Springs (3k on them)
-Spec Stage 2 clutch (10-15k on it)
-Spec Aluminum Flywheel (10-15k on it)
-Powerslot Rotors in front (5k on them)
-New Cobra Calipers in front (5k on them)

Solid Rear
-Solid Rear from 04gt
-31 Spline Ford Racing Axles
-31 Spline Traction Lock Ford Racing Center
-373 Gear
-New Bearings and Cobra Drive Shaft Flange
-Roush Lower Control Arms
-Bassani Exhaust
-Gt Calipers/Rotors

Exterior/Appearance Mods
-03/04 Cobra Front Bumper
-03/04 Cobra Rear Bumper
-Lightbar
-Black 17" FR500 Replicas
-275/40/17 tires all the way around (more than 50% tread life)
-New Black Vinly Top (10-15k on it)
-Autometer Mechanical Boost Gauge (digital, numerical display)
-Autometer Mechanical Oil Pressure Gauge (digita, numerical display)

The price is 11k, and the car is located in Arlington Heights. I'm sure someone here has seen it at Hans' place as he is the one who has done everything on the car. Along with the car the buyer will get a Diablosport Predator. The car currently has a street tune on it by Bob Kurgan.

pictures are here
http://s658.photobucket.com/albums/u...06/01%20Cobra/

Thread Info