2000 Explorer Sport 2wd

I'm selling a 2000 Explorer Sport 2wd.

The explorer has 120,000 miles on the body. 72,000 miles on engine. Body is in excellent shape. Light blue color. Interior is clean but missing a side seat cover ($10-$20 part) Has aftermarket single cd head unit.

Transmission shifts great, fluid changed recently and is clean. Rear end fluid changed recently and clean.

This truck had a clogged pcv system and the engine sludged up as was common for these year explorers to do. This caused a timing chain guide failure and caused lots of damage to the original motor. A 72,000 mile engine from an 01 was just installed. I went through the motor and checked it out before installing it so it has fresh gaskets.

Truck has new Bf Goodrich tires with about 3,000 miles of use on them.

Truck would make an awesome driver as it's in great shape and has lots of life left in it.

The engine has about 80 days of warranty left on it so that warranty would go to the purchaser.

Asking $3,500

MAIN.JPG

Front.JPG

front+2.JPG

Side2_001.JPG

Redman

Bad a$$ 2V
May 10, 2005
4.0 SOHC? Did you install the steel cam chain guides front AND rear of engine? Also are there new style 02-up cam tensioners front and rear? Oil galley restrictor? Sunroof? Rear monoleaf springs sagging, or 4 door springs?

Pm me lowest price, location, and answers please

The guides that were in it had no wear on them whatsoever they were the steel cassette assemblies that come in all 99+ 4.0 sohc. The tensioners are the updated "recall" tensioners. No sunroof. The rear springs are not sagging.

Thread Info

• Redman
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list