1999 Mustang GT 5 speed

I have a nice 1999 Mustang GT for sale

The car has been Adult owned all it's life and never seen any racing or track time. The previous owner was 38 years old and used it as a daily driver to work about 25 miles each way on the interstate. That is why there are allot of miles on the car, however majority was on the interstate. Current mileage is 99k I only used the car to drive on the weekends and evenings after work during nice weather.

The GT is fully loaded minus leather seats. It has power drivers seat, windows, doors, trunk release, Mach 460 sound system and traction control.

The car was bone stock when I got it about 9 months ago, since then I have been busy replacing allot of items taking the Mustang to the next level in terms of performance, handling etc..

The modular 4.6L motor is very reliable and pretty much bullet proof. The engine design is almost the same one used on Crown Vics and town cars, the police and cabbies rack up over 300k on these motors. So at 99k it is just being broken in.

Here is a quick list of items I replaced/modified:
Most of the items are from Steeda so they are quality parts

Steeda tri- ax shifter
Steeda Catback stainless steel with 4inch tips
Steeda pulleys
Steeda front springs

Replaced old stock rims with 2003 Cobra rims= Looks
great and updates look of car put 275-40-17 out back
instead of 245= wider tire= better handling

99 cobra shift knob

Replaced old battery with Autozone 72 month battery

Cleaned Mass air flow meter
Cleaned air intake temp sensor
Cleaned EGR valve
Cleaned Idle air contorl motor= s
Replaced plugs with Autolite 764 with a .54 gap
cleaned out coil on plugs
Cleaned out throttle body and combustion chamber
Took the car to speed inc and got my rear end rebuilt and had them install the gears, also had them weld the subframe connectors while it was there.

replaced upper plenum with a Professional products brand plenum polished
Removed air silencer
put in K&N high flow air filter
Cleaned injectors with techron/chevron chemical

Replaced rear brake rotors/pads and caliper
mounting brackets

Replaced old brake fluid with Dot3 fluid

Cleaned oxidation off headlights with polish compund
and buffer wheel

Bought remote off internet for remote entry and
programmed

Parts that I have and not installed yet, can be included:

4pt K member brace= less chasis flex

1996 Cobra strut tower brace

Stock 99 Rims 17inch as in the pics and stock shifter

Please note that the check engine light is on because the car has a Bassani offroad X pipe on it. Also the air bag light goes on and off ever since I got the springs installed, they had to removed the steering rack and I think something happened at that time. I have the window sticker in the glove box. No owners manual.

I only have pics of when it the car was stock with stock wheels, suspension. However you can see what it looks like. I will try to take some pics over the weekend. I have a clean title ready to go.

Issues:
need to replace fuse for door light, needs a blower resistor 17 part at napa blower works on highest setting 123 dont work, never use ac or heat so no issue for me. Car has one scratch on driver side door, and small random scratches here and there.

looking to get 7k

I will get the car detailed before I sell it.

Attachments

• gt2.jpg
    gt2.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 363
  • gt3.jpg
    gt3.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 364

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
99K isnt really that many miles, less than the average. If its one of the first GTs then its 10 years old, and most 10 year old cars average around 120,000 miles. Miles mean nothing as long as it's well maintained, I've got 90K on my GT in my sig and it drives great and looks better then showroom. Seems like a good looking car and a good price!

Egreen99

Addict
May 26, 2004
Worried about 99k on a 4.6L 2v motor? man there is a guy on corral with over 200k and he is running a S trim on there since 90k miles. These motors are stout. Like I said the Cabbies, limo drivers, cop cars use the same motor more or less and they go 300-400k easily.

Honestly I have not been trying hard to sell it Im more focused on selling my 2000 Corvette. Once that bitch sells, then I will focus more on selling this beast.

I had it at Speed inc a few weeks ago Larry rebuilt the rear end with new bearing, axle seals, fluid, gasket etc.. Also had 3.73 gears installed and subframe connectors welded in. Also installed the Steeda pulleys, for what it has the car runs out nice.

Car is solid!

will trade for a nice DD as well A4, LS, Acura CL, BMW 3 series etc...

Thread Info