1993 Ford Taurus SHO - Beater!

I wanted to make sure that it runs and that there wasnt anything horribly wrong with it before I threw it out here on the boards.

The car has 225,000 miles on the odometer, but somewhere around 60k or so on a rebuilt engine. It needs a waterpump and a tune-up and that is about it. The car runs until op-temp and then starts leaking coolant. The problem has been investigated and found that when this happens it leaks onto and disrupts the crank sensor and causes the car to die.

Fix the pump and clean it up and its a good beater.

The only other things wrong with it are:

Blower fan is stuck on, but can be adjusted to be on low. This has been determined to be a connection inside the dash on the climate control unit.

There is some quarter panel rust on the rear passenger side and the exhaust has some rust holes in it.

Car moves/drives alright, but I would recommend towing it away in case the cooling issue grinds you to a halt. I would recommend a full tuneup, oil change and fuel filter. Other than that it should be good for some time.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

$650 includes a second set of rims and tires. (these are shit anyway)

The car is worth more than that in parts, so if no one bites I might just strip it.

The engine is the Yamaha 3.2L DOHC which has a tendency to last forever, but the waterpump/sensor issue is VERY common and can be referenced at the SHOForum...

Thread Info

• C
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list