FS: Vortech 6:1 FMU w/ lines

I have a brand new, never used FMU that I intended to use for a custom centrifugal project but never did. It is now sitting in my garage gathering dust. It has never been used and comes with everything needed to do the install, including the FMU, Mounting bracket, FMU feed & return fuel lines w/ Q.D. spring connectors, Vacuum line, Mounting screws, and Zip ties.

Brand new these go for around $225 with the fuel lines as a kit. I am looking to get $100 shipped OBO.

Rob

Attachments

• FMU.JPG
    FMU.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 15

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
cyac5l8trfcar said:
hey rob, i'm unframilier with fmu's. fill me in if this will help me any? i have a returnless system for now.

It is meant for a return fuel system vehicle. What it does is sense manifold (boost) pressure and then pushes a little diaphragm inside the FMU which blocks fuel from going into the return line and instead raises fuel rail pressure. For being such mechanically simple little devices they are pretty cool.

03mineralg

What a coincidence to see this post. Just today i was cleaning out the attic and i threw away this same kit from my old 5.0, that and other crap had been up there for the last 5 years. Not sure what the ratio was, i changed the ratio with diff fuel injectors. It was kinda crappy back in those days to have to change the fmu diaphram to compensate changes rather than just adjust something.

Thread Info

• rocket5979
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list