1993 'beater' civic sedan

$800 flat

Sale is Pending for Thursday to a personal friend.

1993 Blue Civic DX Sedan 206K on the clock (D15B7)
Car is Automatic with grey interior, Has the following options:

PS
AC
Manual Windows and Locks
Wheels
Brakes
Doors

Has New:
Brakes
front tires
PS Belt
AC Belt
Fresh Oil change
Trans was Flushed

Needs: nothing

Could use:
A paint job, and rust repair
1 new tire (tread sucks on one of the rears, but its still acceptable, has a full size spare with similar tread)
Inner Tie rod ends to be installed (I have new ones, the ones on the car should be replaced, may be installed later this week if car isn't already picked up)
Probably a muffler *STOCK muffler* (its not 'loud', just a little annoying because its probably shot)
new AC compressor, the rest of the system is there and in good shape.
a stereo.

With gas hitting $4.00+ a gallon, this would be a GREAT city beater car.

PIC-0579.jpg

PIC-0580.jpg

PIC-0581.jpg

You can see in the pics I started stripping the roller paint off of it, A power-washer was taking it off fairly easily because it is still waxed under the paint.

Reason for the price being so cheap is A) Its ugly B) Title is in our hands, but isn't in our name. We have all the papework for whoever is interested in the car, basically it will require the purchaser to spend an additional $90 at the DMV more than normal, and that is all.

Please keep the BS out of this thread, I bought this car for Kim to putter around in, but she is getting a newer blazer due to a 'loss' in the family, and my hatch was needing to have some miles put on it anyways and she prefers stick.

I bought this car FROM ricky, he will vouche for the mechanical condition of this car, I have since installed new brakes, tires, a CD headunit, and purchased the tie rod ends that needed replacing.

The price is Firm, it is listed at 1500obo everywhere else but here.

Also, don't give me grief about the price, Gas is $4.50 a gallon in the city right now, so a mechanically sound car that gets 35mpg is well worth the price I'm asking.

Last edited:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
If it wasnt so god damn ugly i would be all over it.

Honestly, there is a Harvard Blue sedan just like this one in the Junkyard in Sandwich IL, I was planning on just going there and offering them like $150 for all the panels off the car and giving them all the old ones if I were to keep this car.

These cars are VERY easy to disassemble.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
weren't you bragging about having bought this thing for 5 hundo?

I bought it for 5 hundo with shot brakes and bad inner tie rods ends, no wheels (Literally, the car didn't come with wheels I had to bring my own and leave my civic on jack stands), no stereo, and a number of other small things I repaired.

I doubt I'll even make $100 of this car.

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
I bought it for 5 hundo with shot brakes and bad inner tie rods ends, no wheels (Literally, the car didn't come with wheels I had to bring my own and leave my civic on jack stands), no stereo, and a number of other small things I repaired.

I doubt I'll even make $100 of this car.

looks like it turned out to be a pretty sound investment for you ;)

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
could u get a picture of the interior? A/C? and does it really have 206k on the motor?

i would hate to buy a honda but thats a good price considering. just get a macco paint job and itll last a few years lol

I'll snap a shot of the interior, it could use a new driver seat because the foam under the right bolster is a little funky, but no huge tears or stains, just small ones here and there.

AC system is all intact, it will need a new compressor *the clutch is shot on this one, but I already sourced a used replacement for $10, but I'm too lazy to pick it up*.

I honestly have no idea if the motor has 206K on it, the clock says 206 and the clock works, but the clusters are way to easy to change.

It could use a few generic seals replaced *oil pan and valve cover*, but it runs like it has 10K on the clock, its really kinda amazing.

The over-all suspension is in great shape too (the struts and springs must have been replaced at some point)

Honestly, I wouldn't bother with a Maaco job because it has the typical 'honda rot' on the rear quarters, I'd finish stripping whats on the car, and just hit it with a coat of rattle-can flat black and be done with it.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
When I sold him the car, He was aware of the little crap here and there, and I offered to take care of it for him for free, all he has to do is drive out to me... like 2 months ago I tell him "Be at my buddies by noon" He calls me at fucking 2 PM saying "He is about to leave" and I have to tell him its too late because we both had things to do at 3.... He Keeps calling me complaining about some part of the exhaust broke? and I've told him 5 fucking times to take a picture of what the fuck broke so I know what to order, and whenever I tell him that, I don't hear from him for 2 weeks, then he calls me out of the blue again over it...

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
dam that sucks lol
The Honda is reliable as time, It will keep on going, My friend is Reliable as a 96 Dodge Strat........... :bowrofl:

But seriously, he's a flake, and it pisses me off... I would happily fix it for him AND PAY FOR IT EVEN (I've offered), but without a picture of what broken, I dunno what to do... I'm not gonna DRIVE out there to find out whats broken just to drive home, order the part, and wait a month for him to be 3 hours late getting to my place......

Thread Info