GI:1999 Artic White Trans Am -Turbocharged ls1

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Thanks for all the kind words guys, its a crappy situation but it might be for the better. I am almost done with school so I can always buy another and replicate if I wanted.

I have a couple questions.

How much boost are you daily driving on, and how much can it handle safely?

Car has not been daily driven. I have put a couple hundred miles on the car/setup all summer at 6-7 psi. Based on others dyno numbers I would guestimate mid 400's as it sits. I had plans of one day upping the boost to 10-12lbs and getting a solid mid 500 number out of it. Some people have pushed the stock bottom ends in the 600's to the wheels but I personally wouldn't voyage much higher then mid 500's.

Is the bottom end still stock?
Stock long block

Has it been dynotuned? HP/TQ Numbers?

No time on the dyno, I have it street tuned via HPTuners right now and anticipated putting it on the dyno if/when I upped the boost. Like I mentioned before I would guess the car is in the 400's somewhere.

Ever seen the track?

Nope the car has never been to the track NA or boosted. I built the car to be something fun and different. I dont have time to race at the track and am not willing to take the risk doing it on the street.

I'm kind of prematurely looking for a car, and a turbo T/A sounds fun.

Damn only if I waited a year! Very nice! GLWS

Do you have a built trans/rear end?

Thanks, Trans and rear is stock. From what I can tell they both are doing just fine but I haven't beat on the car so I don't see a reason for much concern. If you were to throw a stickey tire on the car you might run a higher risk breaking something but being an auto and turbo the stress on the rear is a bit lower then a clutch dumping 6 speed.

Krash7051

Addict
Jan 20, 2011
Did you do the turbo kit install yourself? Did you piece it together or did it all come together, if it was all together, do you have a link to where you got it from?

Sorry for the million questions, I'm interested and if I do pick this up from you it will have to be without me having set eyes on it at all since I'm in afghan land and I won't be home again till October.

Also I'm pretty ignorant on F-bodies, is there any work it's going to need in the near future since I guess the turbo kit is somewhat new?

What are the extras not listed in the add that come with the car?

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Did you do the turbo kit install yourself? Did you piece it together or did it all come together, if it was all together, do you have a link to where you got it from?

Sorry for the million questions, I'm interested and if I do pick this up from you it will have to be without me having set eyes on it at all since I'm in afghan land and I won't be home again till October.

Also I'm pretty ignorant on F-bodies, is there any work it's going to need in the near future since I guess the turbo kit is somewhat new?

What are the extras not listed in the add that come with the car?

Kit was custom fabbed up, besides the welding I did everything myself including the install. The dual walbro setup has not been installed yet so it will come with those, a caspers electronics hotwire kit and the install parts for the pumps. The car has the down pipe dumped at the firewall but im including a slp cat back with hooker tips, and all you would need to connect the cat back to the exhaust. (Flex pipe, cutout and mandrel bends) all you would need is someone to weld them together. i have a spare wastegate dump tube and a cold side pipe to replace the MAF piece if you decided to convert to speed density tuning. If I can get close to my price listed ill even throw in the stock exhaust, air pump system, air conditioning and egr. If the weather is nice tonight/tomorrow ill take a boatload more pictures at all angles for you. There's someone showing interest but they aren't local. I would prefer to see the car stay local to see what ends up happening with the car.

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
I got it man thanks I'll let you know, talking it over with the boss and doing some research.
Sounds good, if you have any questions feel free to ask, I did more research on this thing then I would have ever imagined. Everything went together pretty smoothly though :jg:

May entertain some trades. Will add cash on top of the car for the right 03/04 cobra

Krash7051

Addict
Jan 20, 2011
Sounds good, if you have any questions feel free to ask, I did more research on this thing then I would have ever imagined. Everything went together pretty smoothly though :jg:

May entertain some trades. Will add cash on top of the car for the right 03/04 cobra

As much as I would love to take this off your hands, the boss has said no. She wants me to get a Shelby lol... I'm not going to argue this, afterall she does control half the money and all the poon.

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
As much as I would love to take this off your hands, the boss has said no. She wants me to get a Shelby lol... I'm not going to argue this, afterall she does control half the money and all the poon.

I know how that goes lol BTW Thanks for serving the country! As time goes on I slowly become more motivated to sell this thing.

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
^This makes me sad :(

I hope it stays in the TCG family though. Someone needs to buy this T/A.
I guess motivated isn't the correct term, more like starting to be more alright with the idea of selling it. I usually get attached to my cars due to the amount of time spent working and learning about them. I would really love to see it stay local and go to someone who will take good care of it.

damn mike! already?! good luck man! maybe i'll have to check my budget for you! i've always wanted to add a boosted ls1 to the family! ;)

give me a call when you are back in town!

Thanks Steve, I should be back intermittently the first two weeks of August and then obviously back when class starts. We will have to catch up soon!

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
TTT any one interested? Have a few interested parties but cash is king. Not shipping the car (probably not an issue for people on here) Send me a PM and maybe we can work out a deal! Took the car on the 60 mile round trip journey to work today. It gets looks wherever I take it.

Thread Info