1993 Nissan 300zx 2+2

1993 Nissan 300zx 2+2 roller with lots of extras $1600

I am selling my brothers 1993 Nissan 300zx 2+2

the bad:

He got a Replacement trans form japan with low mile and pulled the old one out but moved to FL for a new job with the golf channel before he could get it back in.
need a new rack and pinion ($150 part)
the drivers fender needs to be painted and it has some dings and small scratches here and there,
the rims need to be re coated or replaced due to pealing
has a slight knock
selling as is with trans and cat back off the car.

the good:

Megan mufflers,
Clifford 2 way alarm remote start with prox sensor,
1993 300zx 2+2 NA with twin turbo trans pearl white
Brembo drilled and sloted rotters front and rear
brembo stainless steel break lines
tokico blue stuts just installed
front and rear sway bars
Z1 one piece aluminium drive-shaft
halo 18" rims

Located in Plainfield
Delivery can be arranged for a bit more $

$1,600 as is

no stereo or speakers.

comes with 2 transmissions one is bad but will work as a core

5928466441_b019cdb872_b.jpg

5929022546_18d5c18c72_b.jpg

5928462269_ffc0bed533_b.jpg

5928458439_e58244185d_b.jpg

5929012868_33f269c5e4_b.jpg

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
wow!?!?! I thought there would be more interest in this... Whats the deal to much $ I gues you really have to see it

Needs Paint, and a motor, Rack, interior isn't in the best shape, and the transmission re installed....

anything over 1K is going to be a big ask IMO essentially the car is a Shell that needs paint right now...

No offense, but also, you've had it forsale for less than 12 hours and have posted about it 3 times.....

I LOVE these cars, and they fetch a high premium if running/driving even if it needs nick-nack work. You could probably get 2-3K for it as a runner/driver even with the knock, probably 4k with a good engine.

*edit*

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but this is a Naturally Aspirated car with twin's added?

JDHedman

" The Remote Start Guy "
Jun 5, 2009
Algonquin
It is NA no turbos. I was just hoping I could sell it cheaper without the trans in it. fender needs paint and the bumper needs a bit of work and to be blended... If it comes down to it I can put the car together and sell it for more. I just have enough projects going and would like to sell it as is. the interior looks alot worse n the pic then it is. you could spend a weekend fixing it up and make $1000+ easy.. or I can spend a weekend on it and make nothing LOL

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I know you're not looking for advice but as someone who would be interested, I can tell you how my thought process worked when I saw this:

1. 300zx for $2250 - How can I get my new fun car AND convince my wife to let me get this too?

2. Oh, needs a trans put in it. It's still good!

3. Oh, needs a serious interior detail/ some parts replaced. It's still good!

4. Oh, it's needs paint. Well I guess it's still a good deal.

5. Oh, it's that impossible to match pearl paint. How much is that going to cost me? Does the whole car need a re-spray?

6. Rim's need refinishing - starting to add up now, maybe not as much of a steal as initially thought.

7. Has a knock - OK, I'm out.

Really, that's how it went for me. That's such a badass car and it won't need much to get it drivable but it seems like it's going to need a lot to get it to a point where it's actually enjoyable. No one wants to get a 300ZX drivable; they want to get it looking hot and turning heads.

Instead of marketing it as a car that's going to need a little to get going, maybe market it as a roller with a lot of extra parts. It's worth your asking price. I can't see how it wouldn't be. I think it's just the way it's presented.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Instead of marketing it as a car that's going to need a little to get going, maybe market it as a roller with a lot of extra parts. It's worth your asking price. I can't see how it wouldn't be. I think it's just the way it's presented.

Bingo.

I'd Part it out/sell it as a shell

You could probably get $600+ For the trans alone easily, especially if you still have the paperwork. Automatic TT Guys like to have a backup, or get a spare to get built up etc.

Still got the original wheels? Sell them separate, or sell the aftermarket ones for a few bills

Pull the motor (Start it up first, film the knock), you could probably still get a few hundred for it.

try and sell the roller for $1300-1500.

Thread Info