1988 Fiero Formula

Would anyone be interested in a BLACK 1988 Fiero Formula.

The car has:
-Black Fiero crosslace rims
-Beige interior
-Manual trans.
-Almost new engine cradle

Here's the deal. The guy who wants to sell the car is leaving in less than a month and moving SOUTH. He is not bringing the car. The car runs but when I last saw the car, the shift cable is stretched (very common in these cars). It does not shift into gear very easily for 2 reasons.

1). Shift cable problem
2). It has the short throw shifter

The paint needs attention. There are spots where the clearcoat is thin and hazy. It should be re-shot, but if you like these cars and know what having a 1988 Fiero Formula means, this is one heck of an opportunity for you.

-Lotus Designed Suspension, which means the underpinnings are SPECIFIC FOR THIS CAR ONLY. It handles better than the Ferrari 308, Corvette, etc. of this era. GM invested several $ MILLION $ DOLLARS $ to develop this specific suspension with Lotus. I think the breakdown per car is something rediculous like $250K...or something like that. It was a HUGE deal back in the day. Pontiac finally got the car right, but because it had the potential to kill the Corvette, the car got dropped.

The Formula model is also lighter tan the GT, which translates into one HECK of a road monster. Parts for these cars is CHEAP - CHEAP - CHEAP, until you get to the underpinnings.

I happen to have the guy's phone number if you are interested. The car is located just across the WI. border.

I don't know what he will take for the car, but when I went out to look at it, he was completely disgusted with "Fiero guys". He said,

"They will go on and on about how these cars are SOOOOO valueable, but when you go to buy a car, they completely lowball you. They want the @#$! thing for free. I'd rather cut take a chainsaw to it-just to make a statement-than get insulted and give it to one of them."

Thread Info

• DOC-Z
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list