FS: 1986 Volvo 240 DL. $800 -- 24 MPG AVG

I have a 1986 Volvo 240 DL for sale. $800 cash. Pretty firm on the price for a car that will last you a long time for the $. Please read the entire ad if interested. I tried to explain the car as best as possibile, and I don't want anybody thinking it's a diamond in the rough.

-It's got a dickload of miles on it (274,000 to be exact :rofl: ) BUT, it runs and drives great... I put about 1,000 miles on it in the past couple weeks. I bought it as a gas saver because of my daily work commute. Found my '82 Benz Turbodiesel last week and no longer have a use for the Volvo.

The body is in OK shape. Very little rust for the year/ mileage, but would take alot more work than is worth it to make it completley presentable.

The interior is pretty shot... Drivers seat is torn up and there's hardly any carpet left on the floor on the drivers side... A set of decent floormats and some seat covers and it would be 100x better.

The drivetrain is SOLID. 2.3L I4 with a 5-speed manual. Very fun to drive. I have a inch thick folder full of reciepts on the car. It was owned by one person until about 250,000 or so miles. It has recieved THREE timing belt/ water pump replacments and TWO clutch replacments. Last timing belt was at 231k (marked on timing belt cover)

-Needs motor and trans mouts. They're very accessable. My best guess about an hour or two job tops... The mouts are $9 a piece and the trans mount was $11. I was planning on doing them, but found the Benz before I got to it.

-Has some quirks here and there, but NOTHING that affects drivability, mostly cosmetic or interior electrical related, but again... It's an $800 car...

-It has GREAT tires all around. Goodyear tripletreads in the back and Continental ProContacs in the front wrapping alloy wheels off of a '95 950 Turbo.

-All in all, the car is solid... and would make a great winter DD. (heat works awesome, though no A/C) Would even be a good car for you to teach your girlfriend or little brother how to drive stick (so he/she doesn't fuck up your car that you definatley care more about than this one) If you're intersted post up here, PM me, or give me a call at 847-239-0620. Thanks for looking :smile:

(Dumb orange racing stripe can be removed, it was applied by the previous owner while intoxicated :rofl: )

IMAG0282.jpg

IMAG0283.jpg

IMAG0284.jpg

IMAG0285.jpg

IMAG0286.jpg

Thread Info