Precision 78mm turbo - $600 obo

Putting up my turbo. Looking at going a bit bigger.

So here it is, Precision 78mm (model 78HPSH) turbo, rated to 1160HP. 4" inlet, 3.75" v-band outlet. On my car with ~9.3:1 CR and stock displacement, this turbo was fully spun up by 4300RPM.

DSC_0074.JPG

DSC_0069.JPG

http://www.excessiveracing.com/precisionhptechnology78hpsh.aspx

PM for additional information.

Please, keep the comments to a dull roar... mmmk? Thx.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Nope, Precision recommended I try running it before sending it in for service. T'was a good call because it ran fine for me all season, just a slight puff after a pull which is pretty normal. There is a sm oil leak between the exhaust housing and the center section, but that would be easily fixed with new seals.... which I would recommend doing at this point.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
PANDA is not good at math, but I will have to take a quick look at that stuff when I get home. I see people on clubgp talking about "this turbo is good for say 600HP" but the car almost always never sees that. Where do they get that number? Wouldn't it be different for whatever car its on? Like this turbo would make 350HP on a honda but 700HP on a V8. Ive always thought that number is when the turbo gets to be inefficient? no?

32vMonte

Car is broke
Dec 3, 2008
You know, I've never really considered nitrous in my build, but since it is being mentioned what are the precautions to adding that to a turbo build? Not that I'm thinking about doing it, but I do have a stronger bottom end now :)

I'm gonna use nitrous and meth on my sotck ls1 turbo build. Not alot of nitrous but just for about half of first gear haha.

Thread Info