FS: 95' Civic LX, needs head gasket

Status
Not open for further replies.
The head gasket let loose on my civic this week, and I am really not wanting to fix it. I hate everything about this car beside the gas mileage. Working on an old car all of the time, and worrying about it breaking down is terribly dumb, when I have a perfectly reliable vehicle. Im just going to drive my truck through the winter and say fuck storing it.

I would like to avoid replacing the head gasket on the car, but will do so if that is the only way I can sell it. It pushes water into cyl#1 after it warms up and starts to misfire. Other than that, everything is mechanically sound.

The car is a 1995 Honda Civic LX, 1.5L, 5spd. I purchased it about a month ago with 169,xxx miles, it now has 170,6xx miles on it. The car has had two owners beside me. The original owner maintained it extremely well. I have maintenance records from the car since it was brand new, even the window sticker is still in the glove box! The second owner, B Serious, had the car for a very short time and basically just flipped it and sold to me.

The good:
-Newer tires
-Brakes were replaced right before I bought it
-timing belt has been replaced (id have to look up at how many miles)
-I just installed a brand new clarion cd/mp3 player with an aux input, and 4 cheapo Fusion brand speakers in the car.
-Brand new t-stat
-Brand new valve cover gasket
-Interior is in great condition, no rips or tears anywhere, seats are free of stains
-Working heat and A/C

The Bad:
-Needs a head gasket: pushes water into cyl #1, its drivable enough for a short time to get it home.
-Has the typical Honda rot on the rear quarter panels
-passenger fender has a dent
-Windshield squirters aren't working right now, not sure if water has gotten into the lines or what. Ive been too pissed about the head gasket to bother taking a look into it.

I WILL POST UP PICTURES WHEN I GET A CHANCE

$1400 AS IS

$1600 and I will replace the head gasket for you.
Parts to replace the head gasket yourself run about $100.

Any questions, ask.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Not interested Jeff. I dont need a project car. I just want to not be too upside down on this car, and have some cash to pick up another set of wheels/tires for the winter, and pay off some bills with the rest.

Boost, its a black car. I'll try to get some pics up before I head into work tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info