9,000 mile 1985 GT/SVO

A buddy is selling a couple of his cars. I figured I would share this one over here. The car is in Villa Park. The owner, Mike, is a real nice guy. His email is [email protected].

This is a unique Mustang with VERY low miles. 1985 Mustang GT that was converted to a SVO front end back in 1986. Sunroof car. The GT also has ASC McLaren side skirts and a rear valance. The car was completely repainted with the mono chrome look and SVO sail panels, SVO bi-plane rear spoiler and SVO tail lights added. All front end parts were NEW ford when installed. Aluminum front bumper cover support was also installed. Interior was changed over to custom Racaro seats, rear seat trimmed to match and rear interior panels had cushioned arm rests added. Sony cassette deck with Sony rear speaker. ASC McLaren speaker headrests were added to the seats. ASC McLaren wood dash trim was also added. Rear suspension has FMS lower springs, Koni shocks and quad shocks, front struts are Motorcraft, front brakes were switched to 73 MM calipers (SVO), rear drums were painted exterior color. Ford motorsport off road exhaust with stock mufflers (sounds great). Ford motorsport valve covers, red spark plug wires, chrome master cylinder cover were added under the hood. 16" Ford Pony wheels were Saleen take offs back in 1991. Nitto tires all around. 1 extra Nitto tire goes with the car. Spare tire and jack still in place, glove box owner's manual and Sony face plate case included. Engine Oil just changed. The last time the car was registered was 1991. Odometer is 9252 miles. This is the correct mileage. Stored in climate controlled indoor storage. Car was stored in a vented car bubble. Absolutely no rust, handles like new, runs very well. No leaks. So, that's all of the good stuff....now since the car was repainted in 1986, there are a few chips and scratches. Trans grinds in 3rd and 4th, not sure what's up with the grinding, but trans makes noise. Other than that it's ready to go. Clean IL title. $7750 or Best Offer. The car is sitting and needs to be driven. As stated before, maybe this is what Ford should have built. The looks of a SVO with a 5.0. Sadly the car needs to go to make room for a project. Mike

I will get contact info tonight.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
i feel like this car could bring good money as long as the mileage is well documented....
I don't think providing documentation would be an issue. Plus look how clean it is inside and out. The repro interior is horrible, so you cab easily tell if it is original or not.

Plus if you were serious about the car I am sure you could probably search online you would see the kind of cars he has/had in his collection over the years. All low mileage and mint cars. He has had some stock stlye restorations but most is all original stuff. This car is low mileage enough to be clean and cool. But not so low that it is collector quality. Plus it is a mix of several cars. Never going to bring big money.
Why does it say 4V on the air cleaner?
Back in the day that was used to represent a 4 barrel carb.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I don't think providing documentation would be an issue. Plus look how clean it is inside and out. The repro interior is horrible, so you cab easily tell if it is original or not.

i dont doubt the mileage. im saying if it can be documented though, as in all cases, it makes the car more desirable and valuable... of course.

Thread Info