03 Ford Excursion Ltd 6.0L

Up for sale is my 03 Excursion Limited 6.0L 4x4. This is the largest people mover (SUV) made and since it's diesel its powerful yet gets better gas economy than the smaller gas model SUV's. It has 248K miles (maintained diesels go over 400K) and has been bulletproofed (ARP head studs & new Ford headgaskets), tuned and deleted. High Velocity Diesel Performance replaced injectors, turbo, HPOP, radiator, AC condenser, fan clutch, ICP, IPR, glow plugs, auto locking hubs (all Ford OEM) along with many other smaller components. On the performance side it had new head gaskets and ARP studs after heads were checked for flatness and cracks. It has the updated oil cooler, Blue spring mod, 6.4L banjo bolts, updated turbo lines, coolant filter, new intercooler boots, turbo back exhaust, updated pushrods, EGR and cat delete and SCT Livewire TS loaded with IDP tunes. I also had work at Ford including new alternator, front hub including seals, power memory heated seat module, rear heat blend actuator and front brakes, rotors and caliper pins (all Ford OEM). New starter was replaced by independent shop (Ford was booked) with new Ford starter. The truck has synthetic oil, trans fluid, ELC coolant and replace the Ford fuel filters every other oil/filter change. I run diesel additive in each tankful for injector/pump longevity.
Now the cons: The water pump is going bad and needs replacement soon. I would have had it done when it was in shop but I didn't have replacement Amsoil ELC coolant at the time. The front stabilizer end links were replaced before I bought the truck at Firestone (with new tires) but are making a knocking noise sometimes when going over bumps. The truck has a few dents on the exterior that were there when I bought it. The top side has an area where the paint is almost down to the metal but there is no rust. The driver's seat has wear marks but the heated seats work perfect (great on cold days).

The truck is fully loaded with both power heated seats, AM/FM in dash CD changer, power extendable mirrors, power pedals, power rear vent windows, lighted running boards and rear back up sensors. The truck has 4 captain's chairs and a bench. It has the Prodigy brake controller professionally installed because I use this to occasionally tow my travel trailer.

This has been my daily driver and part time tow vehicle. The only reason I am selling is that I need to have 5th wheel hitch capability. I have 14K in receipts from High Velocity Diesel Performance and about 4K from Ford you can see I had planned on keeping it for a long time but I need a crew cab now for job so this has to go. It is priced to move at 9K obo. Please contact with any questions and more pics request. I apologize the weather here didn't allow me to take better ones. All receipts from HVDP and Ford are available.

Joe
rowekmr (at) aol.com or 773 eight79-O681

Pics slideshow

2003 Ford Excursion Ltd Slideshow by rowekmr | Photobucket

rowekmr

Addict
Jan 8, 2012
Chicago
I forgot to mention with the tune and turbo back exhaust (nice turbo sound) and CAI this gets 23 mpg on the highway. The 03 turbo (04+ turbo had more vanes) is louder so most say mines sounds like a jet landing. It has 5 tunes stock, stock no EGR, tow, street and extreme street. I drive on street all the time. I did put it on extreme street which most people say has the best fuel economy (more power in diesel equates to efficiency). The throttle was more sensitive, the exhaust has a more distinctive sound and it pulls SOOOO strong I was scared. I figured out the SCT Livewire has 0-60 and 1/4 timer and set both on. I floored it from stop with no boost and when it kicked in and started really moving I let off the throttle at about 59 mph but it still registered a 5.9 0-60 mph run!!!!

The magazines and shops say this engine with deletes, exhaust, intake and good custom tune is good for mid 400 rwhp. I built mines for power/efficiency and durability since I had planned on towing with it for awhile. My last Excursion I would drive back and forth to FL with a travel trailer in tow.

Thread Info