2001 Maxima

I am listing my friends 2001 Maxima for sale. It has 230K miles but the odometer says 130K but AutoCheck shows it "lost" 100K miles prior to him buying it. He bought it for his wife to pick up and drop off the kids and to run errands.

He bought it in July and took it to Nissan for diagnosis and used a local shop for repairs. He had the shop replaced accessory belts, passenger control arm/ball joint and alternator. All power options work as should including ac/heat and all steering wheel controls (radio and cruise control). The reason he is selling is his mother stopped driving and gave him her newer car so he's letting this one go. He paid about $1500 and spent at least $700 but I told him it's realistically a $900 car. The good it starts and drives fine and has passed all prior emissions test but currently has the CEL on and the airbag light will flash on momentarily then go out. I have driven it for 2 days locally and back and forth to work. Its a good spare car, winter beater or first car for teenage not deserving something new lol

It currently needs/problems:

Front rotors-it has newer pads on but rotors are warped and at higher highway speeds the pedal pulsates.

Engine ignition coil-engine runs starts and runs smooth but it has codes P1320 and P0302. Google search shows they had original problems with coils and they kick a code(s) on way out. The second codes details which cylinder (#2). The OEM coils are recommended but they are $120 retail or $89 from online Nissan dealer parts dept.

Nissan TSB detailing common issue

http://maxima.theowensfamily.com/tsb/NTB01-059.pdf

Fuel Tank Vent Control Valve-Showing a code P0440 that is commonly the vent control valve or the fuel tank cap (or both). This part is around $14

Youtube Video on valve

4TH Gen Maxima Canister Vent control Valve / WD40.MPG - YouTube

Radiator has a minor leak that he just would occasionally add coolant but will need addressing.

Contact me (Joe) at rowekmr (at) aol.com or 773 879-zero681 for questions

Link for slide show:

2001 Nissan Maxima Slideshow by rowekmr | Photobucket

Thread Info

• rowekmr
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list