1989 BMW 635 CSi

Listing this for a family friend. It's currently stored in the same place as my TA and was recently at Mecum auction where it didn't meet reserve. Seller is asking $6,000. It's an automatic car and unbelievably clean. Only have exterior pics but it's super clean on the inside as well - it was locked and I couldn't get a good pic of the interior. Shoot me a PM with contact info if anyone is interested. The hood is slightly popped here for the battery tender.

8350671849_d1fd96d5bc_b.jpg

8351741916_cf40428bae_b.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Here's the CL ad and a ton more pics. The ad mentions paint that "shows it's age" but I think he's selling himself way short after seeing this car up close.

1989 BMW 635csi

A very clean (all original) car with approx. 96,000 miles. The original rims are included and in excellent condition. The clean Carfax report shows a history of dealer servicing and 3 previous owners. Recent servicing includes a new center link and idler arm, wheel alignment, idle control valve, new rear brake pads and rotors, brake fluid flush, valve adjustment, oil change, air filter element and drive belts. This car has been especially pampered during the last decade, since it has been well stored and driven regularly ( during fair weather conditions with very low yearly mileage ) While the original lacquer paint presents fairly, it does show its age. A good respray will make this car stunning, as it is very solid and straight. The original exhaust is also showing some wear. The interior is in great shape and shows little wear.

edsvert

Feb 1, 2010

i had one of these and they are great cars. 3.5 engines are bulletprrof.

i would post this at windycity bmw. somebody will snatch this up.

buyer just has to be ready to spend some coin on maintenance. bmw parts are a bit pricey, plus you have to know how to work it yourself to save labor. have had 3 bimmers and if its not the M3... M5 or M6 or other collectibles , You might be spending more that what the car is actually worth.

Safest bet are the 3"s theya are the easiest to move, if you decide to sell.

5 6 and 7's are harder.

FlyinGTP

Regular
Apr 25, 2008
Elk Grove
The only big issues with the engines on these cars were head gasket failure (they would leak oil pretty good from the corners normally)and there is a oil rail in the cam area of the head that lubes valve train components. The rails can develop issues with starving the upper ends. Other than that they are pretty bomb proof.

Thread Info