new life goal for the truck

clint282cc

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2011
back when i was younger i was the biggest jeep/xj guy you can imagine. and im glad because till this day i have a vast knowledge of the offroad world and the new stuff they do is amazing. im glad im able to comprehend it all but it got to the point where to do real offroading it was time to either move to another state or trailer my jeep every weekend to the cliffs... just not worth it to me.

now i still have my jeep, and its been sitting with a blown motor and lots of fucked up body panels (not a single strait panel thats not competely trashed) waiting for winter when the truck is parked. it will only take a few hours to throw in a motor and it will be ready for a ton more fun for all winter.

on track: since the age of 14 ive wanted to build my life to be able to take weeks off every year for a trip to moab or anywhere out west for some EPIC wheelin. always been a dream vacation of mine... but its changed...

but as ive matured (if thats what you want to call it) so has my taste in cars. the truck has been priority #1 and i could honetly care less about the jeep. if it was worth anything, it would have been sold for truck parts lol.

lots of you have seen the drift truck thread and ive learned more this year than in the last 8 years ive owned a dakota. drifting has sucked me in more and more and more until now i dont even worry about making my truck run the 1/4 mile because the goals of low 10s (that are totally do-able with the current setup) are not even a priority of mine lol.

so yesterday i read this article:

THE RIGHT WAY, THE WRONG WAY, THE GATEBIL WAY - Speedhunters

and thought it was awesome. just now i watched this video, and my mind is made up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehz3JCZ9x5g

new life dream: to have the abilities and the money/time/friends/truck to get a shipping container, load it with my truck, ferris's blue truck, and my buddy Cam's "dream AWD lq4 turbo'd xj" and ship it across seas for this event.

just had to share. sorry for the rant lol. figured some of you might appreciate it.

clint282cc

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2011
Well... the drifting and partying looks fun as hell :fy:

Always wanted to learn how to like legit drift race.... but never in my own car :rofl:

What do you need your truck there for? Seems like an event I'd rather just party my ass off at! :rofl:

eh i dont really drink. i dont really party lol. im a driver. i do everything i do because i love driving. thats the kinda place where youre mind would explode because there is just SOOOO MUCH going on and such crazy insane cars around every corner. it would be so awesome.

clint282cc

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2011
btw if you read the article it talks about how gatebil is not a drift event. its an event for any kind of auto enthusiast but in europe everyone basically drifts lol. the video is just a video of the pro drifters that were there.

the article is really good. really makes you grasp the concept of the event (or think you do) lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• C
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list