I will never buy another wax again!!!!

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
I was at the car wash not to long ago and while I was waiting for it this older guy told me about this stuff. I was in AutoZone today and happen to see it sitting on the shelf so I figured what the hell and got it $14. This stuff is the best shit I have ever used in my 16 years of auto care!!! It goes on easy dries after 5 mins and you lightly buff it off. My car has never looked this good even when I bought her new. Its called Zymol and its some kind of german company. Check the site out, they even have some stuff that costs over $7000 :eek: Some people have way too much flippin money. I am going to stick to the $14 shit for now when I hit the lotto I might change my mind :p

http://zymol.com

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
ShelbyGuy said:
once you discover polishes and glazes you'll stop waxing altogether.

3m microfinishing polish and 3m imperial hand glaze for the win. wax just makes things dull.

+1 My combination right here... although once a year I do carnuba it. But the look is much wetter with polishes and glazes. This combo rocks!

OLD SKOOL FTW!

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
I was a Meguires fan for years, but NOW, I am an ICE fan. Too easy, too simple, and quick. For Satin Silver it's just perfect especially with all the black, I mean, it's like a gift, and it lasts just as long as most.

ZYMOL????? Call them directly and get the paste they have in a jar for your color, ( about $65.00 ) and you'll freak, HOWEVER, you must start on a clean surface and THAT'S the the step I hate, I just want to wax and be done BUT, it's worth it, and far better than that ZAINO nightmare. Geez, could'nt they add ANOTHER step to that BS process, and for what, what I pull off in an hour with ICE....HA!

Also, you want protection, you won't get better that Zymol, especially from the $65.00 dollar jar, it's definately one of the best. I NEVER needed more than a spash of water to clean a 100MPH bug off the front of my Vette back then. I only used that stuff on my Vette because I thought is was sssooo special....( that PIG ) anyway, there's my wax comments.

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
If it helps keep the bug splats at bay then Im in. It seems like alot of you guys wait for the perfect day when the temps are right and the weather is premo to bring out the car and those glazes and polishes are perfect. I on the other hand will pretty much bring the car out whenever as long as their is no threat of rain with that being said I want the protection aspect (bugs,sunlight, UV, dirt, oil etc etc etc) versus the irresitable shine :p ...the way i drive people dont get much more than a blur anyway :slomo: as I see it those polishes/glazes are nothing more than armor all for your paint.

Svt Abuser

SVT FTP
Jul 26, 2006
anybody know the name of those towels the guy at the car shows sells....he pours the 2 liter bottle on the table, and soakes the entire thing up with the rag. i thought id remember what they were called, but of course i forgot..im pretty sure theres a website for these rags. they are kinda orangey lookin. i seen them at world of wheels.

Rd Snake. i feel your pain on wax...ive had a red car my whole life, and have still never found anything worth a shit for wax or polish..the closest i have come to being happy is using 3M polishing compounds on my car..and i know that were supposed to not have to use wax to keep our paint nice, but i cant help that nagging feeling that the wax is actually good for the car, and helps protect the paint..

Im going to stop by the paint store again and bend the guys ear over what is good for red....

is there a thread here that lists out what everyones using for compounds/equipment? i thought there was a thread here some time ago. also, is anyone using that variable speed porter cable orbital tool? i have a black and decker that is not variable speed, and not orbital, ive been chicken to use it on the past 2 cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info