Anyone go to the NMRA on Friday or Saturday?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I went with my wife and 2 of my kids. The jet cars were awesome! Some good wheelstanding Mustangs, too. 9 second Pintos. 8 second drag radial cars. One of the guys put his '03 red vert in the burnout contest. A guy put a Jetta in the contest, did a feeble burnout, and got booed off the track. LOL! Bringing a rice mobile to a Mustang event... The jet ambulance was cool. It shook all the windows in the expensive seats. The vendors were OK. UPR didn't seem to have as much selection as usual. Bassani had a girl in hot pants signing posters. Predators were going for $375 including a custom tune. Great day for racing. A lot better weather than last year.

We saw Mike [GET READY] and his lady. They mentioned a Tinley Park car show next Sunday. I may go to that if I don't have to work.

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Venomized281 said:
BassaniChick.jpg

:D
C'mon Adam, try to look a "tad" more excited next time :rolleyes: :clap:

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Flatliner said:
Damn dude... I missed that one, Kari why where you distracting me! I have pics as well... as soon as I can get to my cable modem at my house I can upload, this dial up shiaat sucks!

I put the footage from the jet cars and burnout contest on my computer. I was going to upload it, but Ana was talking so much :eek3: I was thinking of going without any sound (which kinda defeats some of the thrill of the jet cars to begin with). :dunno:

I rewatched the video of that VW trying :help: (without success) to do a burnout in the contest. That was hilarious. :alcoholic

Cobra Dude

Regular
Mar 19, 2004
I want to thank all of the guys who cheered me on at the NMRA Weekend. My car ran well Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. In the finals, I lost the four round to the White Lighting Truck (He Won Bracket 3). I had to give the guy a 3.64 second head start because he dailed in a 15.64 or 15.44 to my 12.00. That truck appeared to be half-way down the quarter before I started and I could not get there first. He really knew how to play the game. He used his brakes to slow down before crossing the line. You never feel bad when you loose to a Ford.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Cobra Dude said:
I want to thank all of the guys who cheered me on at the NMRA Weekend. My car ran well Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. In the finals, I lost the four round to the White Lighting Truck (He Won Bracket 3). I had to give the guy a 3.64 second head start because he dailed in a 15.64 or 15.44 to my 12.00. That truck appeared to be half-way down the quarter before I started and I could not get there first. He really knew how to play the game. He used his brakes to slow down before crossing the line. You never feel bad when you loose to a Ford.

Congratulations on getting to the finals! I quit bracket racing for exactly the reason you are describing. Too many 15/16 second cars with automatics that would run exactly on their dial in. It's impossible to be consistent enough with a clutch to beat them. It's so easy to spin the tires when you see a guy halfway down the track. I hated seeing the brake lights. You think the guy's going to break out and then realize he's a pro.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info