A wonderful day at the DMV

SNK BITN

Regular
Mar 10, 2004
Had to renew my license yesterday, so I hit up your friendly neighborhood Elgin DMV. I know next time to cut my wrists before setting foot in there again, maybe I would have got served before I died, or not. I walk in and take my number, B169. Look up and see they are only on B149, I shoulda known I was in trouble then. I sit near this lady and her 4 bay-bays, I was joking with them and having a little fun while waiting. This lady keeps smacking her kids and telling the to sit down and shut up. If she woulda smacked those kids one more time I swear I woulda snapped. :mad: Its none of my business what she does to them but its a public place and its quite aggravating. Then shes says to me "You lookin at me like you aint got no kids". I told her I do have one as a matter of fact, then I hopped on my phone cause any further conversation would have got ugly. So an hour and a half later I'm finally getting my shyt processed, I take the test, then wait for my license. All the while being serviced by the most disgruntled employees ever to walk this earth. They thrive on your suffering. :argue:Of course the fockin machine breaks down when my license goes through it. Half an hour later the machine is up and running again, just to hear the lady call the guy back cause its out of fluid or something. Thank GOD I dont have to come back till 2K8, and it wont be at the Elgin one. :p

KTs03

King of Fools
Mar 10, 2004
I was thrown out of the DMV in Morris once for telling an employee exactly how I feel about their service and attitude. I now go to the one in Joliet which was recently upgraded and every time I've gone there the wait time has been under 30 minutes.

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
The Joliet one used to have some really salty people there - I avoid it at all costs. Your best bet is one of the little "express" locations, my favorite being Orland Park. It's in the town hall, there's rarely ever been anyone in there, and it's staffed with locals who are as nice as a government employee could be.

SNK BITN

Regular
Mar 10, 2004
Thats the 4th time I've heard how good the DMV express in Orland has been. Next time I gotta go to the DMV I'll plan something around the Orland area. Its that worth it to me to not be treated like shyt, its bad enough we got renew every 4 years in IL. "Messy" Jesse White really knows how to make that green, that focker. My cuz in AZ license is good til 2033 for criminee.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
The one at 83rd & Harlem in Bridgeview can be real pain, BUT...if you have a sense of humor...it goes a long way. Over the last three years I put my daughter and then my twin sons through there. Hours and hours it's true, but on each occasion I managed to get at least one great laugh out of the deal and it really speeds thing up.

As far as parents hitting kids????? I believe that sparing the rod spoils the child, BUT...slapping them for all kinds of stuff I will say something about.

My favorite one is "You know, It's people like you, that ruined it for all of us". You can't just slap kids around, but a good spanking is worth a fortune especially once they know you will, it works wonders.

Fact...one time...for each of my kids they got a good spanking on the butt before they were 8, and I NEVER had to do it again, NEVER....wanted to, but NEVER AGAIN. I am lucky I have great wife and have great kids.....PIGS...but great kids... :joke:

Now my ass gett'n beat....ALL THE TIME...I won't elaborate, but it was wrong. I hit a lot of people as a result of that, some of them REALLY hit me back too, I hate when that happens.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Another vote for Orland. Like Dan says, I get there early and it rarely takes me more than 5 minutes. Sometimes it takes me longer to walk through the parking lot [I park in the back of the lot, of course] than it takes to get the new license.

That's quite a difference from when I have to renew my truck plates. That can be a nightmare if I don't get to one of their few locations early. I don't know why I can't renew truck plates through Orland. :mad:

SNK BITN

Regular
Mar 10, 2004
Since 1964 said:
Fact...one time...for each of my kids they got a good spanking on the butt before they were 8, and I NEVER had to do it again, NEVER....wanted to, but NEVER AGAIN. I am lucky I have great wife and have great kids.....PIGS...but great kids... :joke:
My kids not even 2 yet and I wanna bust out the belt, lol! I just have to show him the belt and he'll know whats up, I havent whooped him yet though. But like you, I've wanted to, but I havent.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
A little bit of spanking on the butt when they are young prevents a whole bunch of problems when they are older. The main things when dealing with kids are fairness and consistency. If you threaten them with punishment, you have to always follow through. The punishment has to escalate if they keep misbehaving. If you get it through their heads at a young age that it's in their best iinterests to behave, they will be much easier to deal with as they get older. Coddling a child and sparing the punishment when they are young only pushes the confrontation over dominance back until they are older and harder to train.

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
Bridgeview USED to be good to go to, but they remodeled it and took away :dunno: some of the services (like getting new plates at the office) and I've heard it sucks now too.

That license every 4 years thing sucks. When I went, they made me retake the written exam. One of my roommates, on the other hand, who may have had slightly less tickets than I in the past 4 years, got a STICKER in the mail to slap on the back of his license! It extends the expiration date by 4 more years without a DMV visit!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info