Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Been kind of getting more into home theater lately. Not talking crazy high end shit but Ive been taking a larger interest in it. Figure we could get a thread going to post our setups, etc.

I'll get a pic when Im home but heres what I'm currently running.

• Sharp AQUOS LC-80LE632U 80" LED-LCD
  • Onkyo TX-NR809 Receiver
  • Polk Monitor 50 floors (front left and right)
  • Polk CS2 center
  • Polk PSW505 sub
  • Home theater in a box onkyo's make up my two sides and my two rears. Those are next to be replaced but they actually do a pretty good job for now.

I'm pretty happy overall with the Polk setup. Theyre not cheap but they dont break the bank either. I just recently upgraded to the Onkyo receiver and I gotta say its pretty damn awesome. Plenty of power, inputs and it upscales like a champ. Its also "future proof" in that it can scale to 4k once those types of TV's become cheap and mainstream.

Im currently in the process of organizing all the wiring behind the tv. Renting and not owning, nothing is being run through the walls so I'm finding myself using a ton of wire loom :rofl:.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
My cousin does million dollar home installs for a living and has some really nice hand me down stuff at his house. I wish.

My brother has nice setups in his house.
6.1 (all in walls) in his bedroom with a 50" plasma.
5.1 in the living room with a 42" LCD
5.1 in the basement with a 55" LED and 25" LED (I love dual source). He also has all the equipment in a rack in the "other" room that is run via RF so it is totally clean. He has a 4x4 matrix so he can run any source to any tv in the house. It is run over Cat 6. He is currently using a Logitech touch screen but is upgrading to an iPad based remote system right now.

My system is below and goes along with my 73" DLP Mitsu and LG Blu-Ray player:

Marantz SR5006.
marantz_6006u.jpg

http://us.marantz.com/us/Products/P...?CatId=AVReceivers&SubCatId=&ProductId=SR5006

I also have my rear surrounds which are 8" Sonance In Walls. I forgot the model number and once you have seen an in wall you have seen them all.

My space in the front was limited so I ended up ordering BIC America Formula FH56-BAR. My brother has one and he uses it for 5 channels. I will only be using it for 3. These are a unique design for sound bars. Full set of inputs on the back, and lots of speakers.
bic_fh56sb.jpg

http://www.bicamerica.com/showpage.php?brand=2&type=19&spkrID=116

Sub has not yet been purchased.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
took the pic with my phone. sorry about the grain. the hiding of wires is still a work in progress and the pic makes it look worse than it is. its normally pretty clean but the cat gets back there during the day and moves things around. im still figuring out a clean way of running all the power cords.

oh and yes, the tv and is now horribly inadequate.

not pictured are the side and rear speakers.

tvsetup.jpg

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Just have a pretty basic setup I have thrown together through the years.

Projector 1080p Sanyo PLV-Z2000
Reciever Onkyo TX-SR606
Front Speakers KEF reference 104ab (super old want to replace with real stand ups)
Center Speaker Polk Audio CS2 Series II
Rear satellites Old tiny infinity junk
Subwoofer Paradigm PW-22000

The subwoofer is about all I want to keep from the speakers. Rest has just been thrown together as I could scrounge it. Everybody else thinks it sounds fine. I really just want to hookup the KEF's to some old analog stuff I have for vinyl and stereo music as they really aren't meant for surround sound.

Need to also buy a screen for the size I am shooting. Had a 90 incher at my last apartment but at this place I can shoot it at about 140-150 inches.

98GTPDriva

TCG Elite Member
Jun 24, 2008
Definitely jealous of the TV Mook!

If you want a second sub for a reasonable price (under $200), I highly, highly suggest a BIC F-12.

My home theatre is in my master bedroom because my living room is not real big, but it fits perfectly in there. When I buy my first house down the road (vs. a townhouse now). I am going to improve my home threatre even more...

Current set-up:

61" Samsung 1080P LED-DLP TV
Onkyo 609 Receiver
Acoustech H-100 500W 12" Subwoofer
Jamo S426 5.0 Speakers
Panasonic 110 blu-ray player
Directv HD-DVR
14 gauge wiring (matches the carpet color)

~340 DVDs (100 are blu-rays)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info