Eagle's helicopter repair

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
We have 6 or so of these helis in our IT room for stress relief... problem is they inevitably crash and break. For awhile I'd just pointed and laughed at them when they'd crash and break their junk.... but then the other night my wife was flying my apache and crashed it... and karma struck. Mine broke too. :wtc:

So I left it sitting for awhile, but while bored the other day, I took it all apart, found the broken plastic pieces and replaced them with some after market hardware. Namely, a couple really small pieces of a sewing pin that I chopped up. :rofl: Here's some pics of my repairs:

2011-11-12_12-05-19_318.jpg

Post repair test flight:

2011-11-12_14-53-48_747.jpg

Came to work and touted my engineering prowess in my repair, and 2 more heli's showed up for repair... :rofl: Here's a group shot of a few I could find in close proximity to each other for a photo op:

2011-11-16_10-29-27_924.jpg

They both fly after repairing them too, although one seems to be a bit janky right now. I'm sure we'll get it sorted out. :D

Next up is the Chinook. Something is up with the front lower rotor pair... need to get in there and figure it out. :rofl:

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
:rofl:

I've noticed that the body screws loosen up after time and will cause it to fly weird and fall prematurely. Happened to mine, Mark's and my dad's.

Yup, I have to tighten the screws every now-and-then otherwise the 'copter gets all crazy.

You can't over-tighten the blades or else it will fly weird too. They should be able to move freely.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Interesting. I'll have to look into that. The janky heli flies fine, but when you try to get it to hover, it does circles. Kinda like going around in a 1' circle with the nose pointing in one direction.

That's exactly what mine was doing. I messed around with tightening random screws and it eventually started flying normal again. I haven't really figured out which ones make the difference yet.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
The chinook is huge, like 16" long. Thing is scary when its flying. People literally flee the room when its flying, cuz it looks like it might behead you if it ran into you. :rofl:

We also have a couple larger versions, but they seem to be a bit too crazy for indoor use... at least in our office. So they don't fly often. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info