Mass Effect 3 Announced

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
graphics look great but I dont know of this game....

Like mike said, its basically a mashup of an rpg and an fps, and its scifi, so think star wars/star trek also. So if youre a scifi fan, youll love the mass effect universe that bioware has created.

The rpg elements are fairly simple, so if youre not an rpg fan (like me) you can still enjoy this game. The combat is also fairly simple, but it works. Just don't expect any cod style firefights. Both of these gameplay elements were kinda clunky in 1, but in 2 they were really smoothed out and refined.

Those are only a small part of the game however. The storyline is where the real meat of this series lies, so be prepared to hear a lot of talking, watch a lotta cutscenes, and if you really wanna get immersed, do a lotta reading. Its all mostly interactive tho, and you're presented with many opportunities to be "good" or "evil". This is one (maybe the only) series where the choices you make in one game dramatically effect what happens in the next game. Because of this I've played thru 1 and 2 twice, and am working on 2 for a third time, cuz there are about 3 different possible outcomes in that one that will effect how 3 plays out. And because of that, Im sure i'll be playing thru 3 at least 2+ times as well. But it all starts with the first game. Which is why if you're interested in getting into this series, you really need to start at 1 and work your way from there, cuz much like the metal gear series, it really would be pointless to pick up the third one w/out playing the other 2.

Oh, and you can have sex with aliens.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I played through most of two and generally loved the game. Then for some reason I put it down and never picked it back up. Then I let my dumbass friend play the game and he ruined one of the disc's, so now I cant start it again. Think I might pick up 1 and rebuy 2 (since its pretty cheap now) before this comes out. The trailer looks badthefuckass.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
i like how they are sending some up into "space" using a weather ballon for an early release and calling it space edition

:noes:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/250225/early_copies_of_mass_effect_3_will_go_into_space.html

This week, BioWare released the Mass Effect 3 demo with both singleplayer and cooperative multiplayer modes. Next week the publisher, Electronic Arts, will release early copies into space using weather balloons.

As reported by USA Today, EA will launch six copies from New York, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Berlin, London and Paris. Each is fitted with a GPS tracking device you monitor from the Mass Effect site.

Whoever gets to the crash site first gets to keep the copy for free and play Mass Effect 3 a week early--that is, assuming the copies survive the trip back down and it doesn't land in a body of water or a highway or on top of the Eiffel Tower.

It’s all a ploy to bring Mass Effect 3’s marketing and hype to a literal stratospheric zenith, but I’ll still be running around with my arms out hoping to catch the NY copy. The regular, non-space edition of Mass Effect 3 will be coming to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC on March 6.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
they premiered that trailer during the walking dead last night. i mustve watched it at least 2 or 3 times :rofl: Im still playing thru 2 right now. im trying to get the ending where everyone dies. that save wont transfer over to 3 obviously, but thats the only ending i havent gotten yet.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Looks as tho the cali launch didnt quite go so well :rofl:

http://kotaku.com/5888121/very-tall-tree-wins-free-copy-of-mass-effect-3

EA wanted the hype for Mass Effect 3 to go where no game had gone before. So they flew ten copies of the upcoming game into the stratosphere by attaching them to weather balloons. The idea was to have frenzied fans track down the games and claim them when they descended back to terra firma. In one instance, things aren't going as planned.

To the dismay of about 10 people ready to jump into the fight against the Reapers, one of the high-altitude copies of Mass Effect 3 came to rest in the upper branches of a very tall tree in the San Francisco area.

According to the Mass Effect Facebook page, efforts are being made to dislodge the game from branches that are about 150 ft. in the air. Baseballs have been flung and a slingshot is reportedly standing at the ready. Apparently, no one's Push biotics are strong enough to shove the threequel out from such heights. Here's hoping the other nine copies—and the people chasing them—have better luck.

It looks like the vegas launch came down here in arizona, but it looks like its somewhere northeast of Kingman, which is nooooooooooooowhere near me. As far as i know tho I dont think anyones claimed them yet. I love this series, but spending $150+ in gas for a $60 game just aint my idear of a good time.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I had it pre-ordered on the day they started accepting pre-ordered. Also got the N7 edition. Why, because I liked the extras.

I have 4 characters with different choices. So it may take a while to get through the game. I tend to do every side story possible before moving onto the main ones. I also replayed the ME2 suicide mission 2 times cause the first time I got Garrus and Thane killed. Oops. Wanted them all alive for the 3rd.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Preordered for 360 :io:

o snap. perhaps you could entice me towards the multiplayer. I havent tried it on the demo, and im not really sold on the MP aspect of the game to be honest, tho everyone says its a blast. Thankfully you dont HAVE to do MP to get the best possible ending in the game. You just have to do more side quests, which I do anyways cuz I usually enjoy them.

TransHed

Navy Seabee
Sep 3, 2009
Plainfield, IL
I have one gripe about this game that wont matter to the rest of you... being in the military myself, they misuse the term Marine and Soldier way too much. They say both in the game.. The Marines are apart of the Navy (and you're in the Alliance Navy in this game because clearly you are on a ship).. Soldiers are in the Army.

Ok. I feel better now.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Is that Ashley in the trailer? Or Miranda?

Its not miranda, but im not sure if its ashley either. it could be ashley, but that would depend on what kind of choice you made back in the first game.

I rocked that bitches world in the first game lol. And no I dont think that would matter as far as that trailer goes. Ashely is supposed to be back in this one. Regardless of your choice, Earth is under attack and the both of you are Alliance Marines.

At 2:10 in the trailer its Ashley.

EDIT: Its Ashley, but the pre-rendered CGI version, which looks startlingly different. I'm not sure if I'm sold on Ash's new ME3 look as compared with ME1/2.

For that matter the Female Shep doesn't look all that great either. They could have just updated the character models to account for the better graphics engine, but a re-design wasn't really necessary.

ashley_and_james_vega_mass_effect_3_by_ratedrbryan-d4fdo30.jpg

TEBash.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info