Anyone know of a machine shop with quick turnaround?

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Thanks for that useless insightful post :picard:

It looks like this:
c880423c.jpg

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove

He actually has a valid solution. If you don't wanna use a belt sander(as people can get carried away with them) use a block of wood and do it by hand.

Start with an 80 grit while using wd-40, then go to a 120 or 160 grit and finish with scotch brite. And go evenly over the whole surface. By hand you'll be luckly if you take .005 off more realistic you'll only take .002 off at most.

And thinking about it even when I use a belt sander at work it's not easy taking .005 off a part using 80grit.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Yep. I'll snap a pic when I get home.

I guess I'm a bit paranoid because it was leaking coolant into the crank case before I got it. I don't know if it was from the head gasket or the cylinder gasket though. I bought a full kit and already replaced everything else; just need to put the head on.

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
You guys are newbs when it comes to a belt sander. Hand held one, hell no don't use. Vertical belt sander that's stationary, it can be done to make a part flat within .001 and I was also holding thickness and parallel to .002 and finish had to be 125 or better you know anything about that. But for his application definatly hand sand using soapy water or wd-40 on the sand paper with a block of wood or plexiglass.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info