Nosy Cops and lame Excuses!

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
I got pulled over in the first car because the County Sheriff's office "Supposedly" got word of an old car driving around with a bunch of drugs in it... I was followed for 7 miles before I got pulled over 300 yds from my house...

I was coming from Youth Group meeting with my brother and sister in the car! ROFL

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
A few weeks ago I was pulled over with my friend. Apparently it was because of his front tints. My friend explained that he bought the car that way. The cop then asked him to step out of the car and started asking him a bunch of questions. He asked him a few times "do you have any drugs in the car?"

Eventually the other cop showed up we were both patted down, they searched the car and we were let go.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
What? For real? Did they ticket him for the tints?

Serious question:

Anyone in the house know the legalities of being asked to step out of your car? You don't have to submit to a search, do you?

You probably have some legal right, but your chances of getting to go home without a ticket dissapear when you start with crap like that....simple solution is to not have any drugs in the car, and let them search all they want.... other than Time, it really doesn't hurt you...... I get pulled over all the time for lishts being out, or driving in my neighborhood at 3am.....Just be honest and not a dick, and normally you get off with a warning

A few weeks ago I was pulled over with my friend. Apparently it was because of his front tints. My friend explained that he bought the car that way. The cop then asked him to step out of the car and started asking him a bunch of questions. He asked him a few times "do you have any drugs in the car?"

Eventually the other cop showed up we were both patted down, they searched the car and we were let go.

Sounds like Naperville cops

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Cops usually take your cooperation as a sign of nothing to hide where if you bicker and say no, they will throw the book at you for whatever they can.

Does it suck?? Yes, but what are you gonna do?

I have been pulled over for:

No front plate (GP)
Tint, even though it was legal tint. Cop thought I rolled the window down to hide front tint. (GP)
Headlight out (regal)
Being loud in a neighborhood (regal) Doing all of 20MPH. :rofl:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I'm not a kid anymore. I don't expect to be pulled out of my car for an illegal search. Surprisingly I haven't been pulled over in a long time (except in the S10 once over the winter) *knocks on wood*...

I just think the crap that cops get away with sometimes is ridiculous.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
Man, what I have been pulled over for

Driving after curfew 4 times (I only look young, I was over 21 for all of these oddly enough)
Speeding 1 times (one ticket)
cutting through my ownneighborhood to get to my house 2 times
illegal left turn 1time
having a light bulb out 3 times
"Too loud music" (stock sterio by the way)
No front plate
and more.....

Panda, maybe it is the bark blue GP's that just get pulled over all the time

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I'm not a kid anymore. I don't expect to be pulled out of my car for an illegal search. Surprisingly I haven't been pulled over in a long time (except in the S10 once over the winter) *knocks on wood*...

I just think the crap that cops get away with sometimes is ridiculous.

I also am not a kid, but if a cop wants to waste time, so be it.

MadMike

More Cowbell!
Mar 20, 2009
Lith/algonquin
letsssss see.... tickets.. hmm

2 speeding tickets (one 3 years ago, one last year)
2 registrations lights (horse shit)
2 screeching tirer (one i deserved, one complete bullshit)
1 improper lane usage (guy hits my car, and i get the ticket)
2 "to fast for conditions" (one for when i got ran off the road, and totaled my first Bonneville, and one for this winter when some lady cut me off and i rear ended her)
2 window tint (gay)
3 loud muffler (when i had open headers)
2 no turn signal (i had them on both times)

the cops dont like me

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
limits are posted, you dont have to be going the limit

I don't think that's entirely true. If you're doing 30mph on the expressway, chances are a cop will pull you over. They cite is as something along the lines of creating a hazard to other drivers. I'm sure the same would go if you were doing 10mph in a 45mph zone. But your point is probably intended for people only going slightly slower than the posted limit.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I was pulled over for following to close on the express way and I was not. The cop made me get out of the car with the spotlight shining and we stood ont he side of the express way for 30 minuets. He asked to search my car and I said ok, because I had nothing to hide. He let me go with a warning.

Was pulled over 4 times in one month for tinited windows, loud exhaust and no front plate. I got warnings every time except one window tint ticket.

Got pulled over for rolling a stop sign and then going 40 mph in a 30 zone.

I got busted for passing a school bus with the stop arm out because the driver put the arm out while I was at the front of the bus with no time to stop. She turned in my plate to the cops and they camt to my house and gave me a ticket. I had to get a lawyer, go to court and it cost me about $500 total otherwise I would have lost my licence for 3 months.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info