Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
this is for the ps3 version

Closing Comments
Street Fighter IV is a fantastic game overall and Capcom should be commended for designing a game that can work on so many levels by appealing to both casual and hardcore players. I'll admit that when I first heard I was reviewing Street Fighter IV, I wasn't terribly excited. I suppose I just didn't think much of it. But as I played and experimented with each character, fighting a variety of the IGN folks and learning something new with every match, I realized just how irrevocably deep fighting games -- and Street Fighter games in particular -- really are. I encourage everyone to give Street Fighter IV a try, even if you're relatively new to the fighting game scene. There's so much depth to the gameplay that you'll be rewarded long after your purchase.

And with that, I'll leave you with the mandatory... Hadoken!

8.0 Presentation

Generally well-polished and clean, with PS3 and 360 versions performing almost identically. Anime cutscenes, however, are a joke and should have been replaced with in-engine storytelling.

9.0 Graphics

This is a sharp, elegant and sublimely well-animated affair. I'm still amazed at how fireballs look in this game.

8.5 Sound

Plenty of slick tunes to complement the fighting, with a sweet J-pop song serving as the main theme. IGN predicts sweaty techno raves wherever the game is played.

9.0 Gameplay
Street Fighter IV is a brilliant step for the franchise as it -- in most cases -- returns to the roots of the series. As with many fighting games, gameplay gets deeper with practice.

9.5 Lasting Appeal
A veritable horde of unlockables keeps single-player sessions constantly rewarding. Playing against like-minded Street Fighter junkies will keep the game relevant for years.

Outstanding OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/953/953819p1.html

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Game is raw as hell. Ive been playing it on live for the past 2 days now. People are getting real good, especial those honda civic land people. Better put on you're A game for em!

What do you expect? Their cousins created the game. :hs::noes:

There was a pair of japanese guys at Galaxy World there everytime I went. They would switch off their turn all the time. I got one guys fighting style down and beat him every time. Then the other guy would come in and beat me 2 rounds in a row. He could change his style mid match and throw people off. That guy was fucking good.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
It did. Already got it. I had about 20 minutes to play, but ended up playing for an hour. LOL. You can turn on the ability to be challenged by someone online while doing Arcade mode. I got about 3 computer fights in, and challenged 5 times online.

I really need to work on changing my style on the fly. The first 3 people I was flawless against. The last guy gave me a royal beatdown. So I challenged him again, and had to be Ken to return the favor.

I also was reminded how people fall back on dragon uppercuts when they have no skill or start losing. Mofo DUed me a good 5 times in a row.

The PS3 controller is perfect for this game. :mamoru:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info