Gaming Need a good Dad video game.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I need a decent game that I can play while still fulfilling my fatherly duties. Meaning something I can play while my son is sleeping or for a little bit after he goes to bed at night. I’ve played and finished God Of War and Spider-Man and I loved the games because I could pause or quit and not really lose anything. I’m currently trying not to throw my controller into a wall with Mortal Kombat 11 and I’m looking for something new.
I love FPS games (Call Of Duty) but I don’t have time to dedicate to ranking up to get better gear so I don’t get even more decimated than I already do. I was thinking Destiny 2 but again grinding to get better gear just isn’t going to happen.
Something single player or not too in depth online play with action is perfect but I just don’t know what’s out there right now.
Racing games are good but I don’t know what’s out there.
Any ideas would be great.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
If you want to dedicate a lot of free time, Days Gone isn't bad. They ironed out some of the bugs that were common on release day (audio being off on dialog, glitchy cutscenes). I spent about 80 hours or so on the game to mainly beat the game, but did get the platinum trophy for it. There's hordes of zombies, different types of zombies, cracked out humans to be aware of, & other human beings to avoid.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Some recommendations for good single player games:

Bulletstorm - Full Clip Edition
Deus Ex Human Revolution and Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Dishonored and Dishonored 2
Dying Light Enhanced Edition
FarCry 5
Ghost Recon Wildlands (yes it can be played single player and it's great)
Portal and Portal 2 (FPS puzzle games)
Prey
Rage and Rage 2
Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Shadow of the Tomb Raider
The "Sniper Elite" series of games
Sniper Ghost Warrior 3
SOMA
Subnautica
Watch Dogs and Watch Dogs 2
Wolfenstein The New order and Wolfenstein The New Colossus

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Some recommendations for good single player games:

Bulletstorm - Full Clip Edition
Deus Ex Human Revolution and Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Dishonored and Dishonored 2
Dying Light Enhanced Edition
FarCry 5
Ghost Recon Wildlands (yes it can be played single player and it's great)
Portal and Portal 2 (FPS puzzle games)
Prey
Rage and Rage 2
Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Shadow of the Tomb Raider
The "Sniper Elite" series of games
Sniper Ghost Warrior 3
SOMA
Subnautica
Watch Dogs and Watch Dogs 2
Wolfenstein The New order and Wolfenstein The New Colossus
There is a new Wolfenstein coming in a few months. I plan on getting that.
Meanwhile I may have to check out some of these, I need a good game to play offline

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
To show how much time I don’t spend playing online I just renewed my PSN subscription that expired in October so I could pick up a few online fights in MK11.

FYI; Shao Kahn is practically unbeatable in towers when he has the armor shield on. I hit him a few dozen times with combos and special moves and his health bar barely moved, he hit me 4 times and I was done.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Just don't get fallout 76 :rofl:

So damn disappointing. I bought it and RDR2 at the same time expecting to split time between them, I think I played Fallout 76 for maybe 4 or 5 hours and havent touched it since.

And I LOVE the Fallout series....

What system are you playing on @SMRTSS1 ??? Nevermind, the newest post says something about your PSN subscription so that answers the question....

Let me see what games I have at home tonight that Im done with, youre more than welcome to any of them if you want any of them....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info