Carnival continues to dump garbage in oceans

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Planning a Carnival cruise? You may want to know they were fined, again, for dumping waste, including plastics, into the ocean.

$20 million fine this time.

Their subsidiary company Princess, was fined $40 million previously.

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-e...e-ordered-to-pay-20-million-for-environmental

carnivalcruiseship_041119_getty.jpg

Let's break down the CEO's comments.

""I sincerely regret these mistakes." (We should have done this at 3 A.M. What were my employees thinking?)

"I do take responsibility for the problems we had," Arnold said when accepting the punishment for Carnival." (Wait until I get my assistants back to my office. We'll see whose heads will roll. Won't be mine.)

"I'm extremely personally disappointed we have them. I am personally committed to achieve best in class for compliance." (Best in class for compliance. Not stop dumping garbage. Just be best out of the cruise lines at not getting caught.)

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
America is already the best or one of the best countries at fighting different types of pollution. Our air is clearer than many developed countries. Our cleanliness is better than most. Our environmental laws are among the toughest in the world.

You guys know my views. I think we should keep getting better but I don't think we should bankrupt the country to quickly shoot for zero emissions when other countries aren't doing much of anything to fix the environment themselves.

Unless there is a concerted effort between the world's countries, we could be zero emissions and the climate change issue would still be there. People don't talk about that fact enough.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info