Running club chases down fast thief

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
A running club saw a man sprint past them at an estimated 7:15 mile pace. Realizing he had stolen a laptop and phone, they gave chase.

The guy was fast. They were faster.

Imagine, you're minding your own thief business, running away from a crime. You're clear and fast. Nobody's going to catch you. Who the "F" are these guys behind me? Why are they gaining on me? Aggghhhh!

The guy ran into some cops and the chase ended.

A running club in Philadelphia helped chase down an alleged thief near the University of Pennsylvania during their midday run last month.

The Annenberg Lunchtime Running Group saw a "very fast man" sprint by them. He was fast, "probably running a 7:15 pace," group member Kyle Cassidy told Runners World.

But they quickly realized the man, identified by police as Talib Adams, had allegedly stolen a phone and laptop, the report said.

“We all looked at each other and sprinted off after the first person,” Cassidy said. Other members in the running club gave chase.

The running group tracked the man down the streets of Philadelphia with their adept running skills.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/running-club-chases-down-thief-through-streets-of-philadelphia

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
7:15 mile pace isn't that fast, it's probably a decent average pace for an occasional runner doing a 10K...

That's over 8mph, pretty fast if you ask me, especially if you're sustaining that pace for a longer period

When I do HIIT cardio I'll walk 3.5 MPH, then "sprint" at 8.5-9mph for 30-40 seconds, and my heart rate is up at 175bpm by the time i'm done with that sprint. And i'm in halfway decent shape

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
That's over 8mph, pretty fast if you ask me, especially if you're sustaining that pace for a longer period

When I do HIIT cardio I'll walk 3.5 MPH, then "sprint" at 8.5-9mph for 30-40 seconds, and my heart rate is up at 175bpm by the time i'm done with that sprint. And i'm in halfway decent shape

State qualifying for a 7th grade girl mile is 5:45, just saying :rofl:

That’s pretty quick, but hardly unheard of. I usually had a few kids qualify on time when I was coaching.

Also, I was a pretty mediocre to bad sprinter, in my HS days, and I maxed out at 17 mph in the 100 (PB was an 11.3). I was downright slow in the 400 at 1:00, which works out to not quite 15 mph.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
iu

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info