Smarter Every Day Builds a better Circular Saw

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I subscribe to his videos because they're really great. This is something I feel like will never pick up IMO. Kickback is like 10x worse on a table saw than a circular saw. Carpenters for ages have built billions of houses without technology like this and will very likely do so. BUT, it's a really great idea, you just gotta remember time is $$ and the more safety shit they put on tools the more the people will defeat them to get the job done faster.

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
I saw this. Great idea!

I tried to research it, but cant find any solid info. Neither a table saw or circular saw should injure a person if used properly. It's my opinion though that a circular saw is more difficult to use properly. I've been working construction for 15 years, and have never seen an injury from either one. I've definitely had some close calls though.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Very cool idea. It is like the tables saws that can detect a finger and it drops the blade in almost an instant to not cause any hard to the person whos finger contacted the blade. I get that accidents are probably rare. But what if you can almost eliminate them with features like this? Especially if it can be done cheaply. I am sure cost is the concern more than anything.

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
The saw sawstop is like 3 times the cost of a normal saw. But it'll be the next table saw I buy.

An older contractor once told me, "make sure to adjust the blade height so it barely sticks out of the wood, so when you're old you can still go five digits deep like old Jim." His name was Jim.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info