Smart Speakers. HomePod and Sonos

chrisdicarlo

Apr 20, 2015
I have a few Sonos at the house. Great system. I have not heard the Apple devices but the Sonos has more options. I have the sound bar and sub in the family room. play 5 in a bedroom and Play amp in the basement hooked up to all weather speakers outside. All of these are controlled by my phone. I can play the same thing or split them apart. I can play music on my phone from my computer library or just stream from a number of sources. The system is expandable I can add a speaker in about 5 minutes. The sound is great for me use and the best part it is very easy for the wife to use.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
I’ve got 2 play 5’s, 2 play 1’s, sound bar and sub from Sonos for my basement. When you buy 2 of the same speaker you can hook them up in stereo wirelessly and it’s a dramatic improvement on sound. This system is LOUD. Never distorts and the speakers “listen” to each other so there’s never an echo or sound delay when moving spot to spot. I’ve got open rafters and a decent sized space so the sub is straining but still ok. Sub is more than enough for surround sound during movies though.

Here’s my last Christmas party. You have to yell at the person next to you to talk. The only complaint I had is I bought a new phone not knowing it turns off WiFi when it automatically locks so music kept turning off lmao. Not the fault of Sonos though. Sonos works on its own WiFi network so it won’t slow the rest of your house down and you don’t have to keep it within a certain distance like Bluetooth. Also, each Sonos speaker extends the signal to other speakers.

https://youtu.be/8AhudjNNlfE

All in all I’m extremely happy with it. 2 play 1’s are by far the best bang for the buck in sound quality in stereo. Play 5’s are marginally better but didn’t blow me away like the 1’s.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff

Attachments

• stereo2.jpg
    stereo2.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 113

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
I’m rocking the sonos 5.1 surround in the family room. The sub is amazingly loud and clear with absolutely no rattles or flutter. But the main reason it’s so awesome is how easy it is to use. The app just works great and is a convenient way to use all the features

Do your Sonos speakers constantly have to be plugged into a wall outlet for power?

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
I have the echo show in my kitchen and the sound is surprisingly good. I have a klipsch system with sub twenty feet away and rarely use it for music anymore. There are many options for expanding and it is easily half the cost of sonos.

The Plus cost $50 more than the regular one. It’s well worth it. The sound is awesome. I’m very happy. Just the one speaker is good enough for me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info