Holy crap, California did something right?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Breeders don't typically sell to pet stores...

Exactly. We bought my daughters dog from a lady who breeds shitpoos. I mean shih tzu poodle mix. She said its not huge litters, but she will do it a few times a year. Seemed like she cared for where they went as well.

I guess I dont get it? I mean I dont think I know anyone with a pet that got it from a place like Petsmart. :rofl:

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
I should have added. We have always rescued our dogs from shelters and even the Greyhoud race tracks that used to be in Wisconsin.

We once picked a puppy through an adoption site. Picked up the puppy from a lady in West Chicago off of 59 and 38. Place was a shit hole. Absolutely disgusting. The dogs were covered in their own filth. So we were happy to get that puppy out of there. We took the puppy home. She ended up dying about 6 weeks later. We easily spent a few thousand trying to save her. We did report that adoption home where we picked up the dog. Nothing came of it though.

Soooooooo not all adoption places are created equal. There are some real shit holes. I've seen a few.

FYI. Florida just banned or is banning greyhoud racing. So there will be a huge amount of Greyhouds that will need homes. No time like the present.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

So bigger & bigger government sticking it's nose into everyone's business.
So let's make some blanket law that attacks every one instead of actually going after people causing issues???

You really are an idiot...do you even know how the world works outside your hate-filled bubble ?

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I agree something needed to be done. Pet store animals have issues. Still, some of the people who supply the dogs and cats do it responsibly. Some don't.

You won't find any reputable puppy mill no matter how hard you look. And as Mook mentioned small breeders (which I still don't agree with) do not sell to puppy stores.

This is great legislation, it shuts down the "market" that allows people to profit off of the misery of animals.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
Good to hear this. I can handle reputable, responsible breeders. But puppy mills make my blood absolutely boil. We adopted a 6 year old boxer that was a rescued mill mama. The rescue org estimated she birthed 10 litters. If she had 8 per litter that is 80 dogs. These poor mill dogs are just treated like livestock, there is no quality of life and they were fed some Amish "dog food" that costs $3 a pallet. She is the sweetest loving dog that got a 2nd chance :hs:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info