đź’¬ OT New IL class C license plate

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
[MENTION=10343]Bub[/MENTION] mentioned this somewhere else i believe but we were talking about it as well...

i saw it on that list of new bills and am trying to read more about it currently.

HB 05056 / Cunningham, B / Evans, M / "Sec. of State omnibus clean-up bill. Creates a C class plate for flat weight taxes, requires color copies or scans of IDs from vehicle dealers; allows for vanity plates for funeral homes; allows owners to apply for a junk title without surrendering a certificate of title if there is no lienholder." / Transportation

law wordage:

Provides that each second division motor vehicle that pulls or draws a trailer, semitrailer, or pole trailer with a gross weight of 10,001 pounds or more (instead of more than 8,000 pounds) or is registered for a gross weight of 10,001 pounds or more (instead of more than 8,000 pounds) is subject to inspection by the Department of Transportation. Provides that a second division vehicle registered for a gross weight of 10,000 pounds (rather than 8,000 pounds) or less, except when the second division motor vehicle pulls or draws a trailer, semitrailer, or pole trailer having a gross weight of or that is registered for a gross weight of more than 10,000 pounds (rather than 8,000 pounds), is exempt from safety test or certificate of safety requirements.

Senate Committee Amendment No. 2
Provides that the safety test or certification of safety requirements apply to any property carrying vehicles that are registered for a gross weight of more than 8,000 lbs but less than 10,001 lbs and are being operated in commerce.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
How many people put D plates on there trucks? When I bought my excursion the people at the dmv didn’t know what I was taking about when I asked them if I needed d plates, I told them I tow with it and the lady said b plates are fine lol ok it probably weighs 8k lbs with just my family in it

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
How many people put D plates on there trucks? When I bought my excursion the people at the dmv didn’t know what I was taking about when I asked them if I needed d plates, I told them I tow with it and the lady said b plates are fine lol ok it probably weighs 8k lbs with just my family in it

quite a few i feel like... i mean legally basically any crew cab diesel truck is going to be at or over 8k lbs without much anything in it/behind it. around here most any diesel truck is going to have a D plate it seems.

And then new trucks especially... anytime we buy a new truck for work, if it's over a half ton/1500 anything, the dealer won't ever let us plate it as a B plate... we have transit vans that are gas non turbo, normal height, normal length, that don't weigh shit, running around with D plates on them.

ill likely get these C plates come july when my wisco plates expire.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
yeah i feel like with the distances/roads he tows on he could be asking for trouble at some point.

the dealer i used to work for gets fucked with on tollways ALLL THE TIME for weight.

He runs through the I pass I’m guessing but goes through a bunch of tolls up to Racine and back which is only really 4-6 times a year

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
So technically if I’m pulling a 5000lb boat with my f150 I should be running d plates

If the boat is in the bed of your truck and your truck weight is over 10k lbs then technically yes.

If it's on a trailer I doubt you have much tongue weight to make the truck weigh in at any number worth being worried about

Now if I had my truck hooked to my boat and a thousand lbs of gear in my truck and boat somehow had a thousand pounds of tongue weight and the truck weighed in at ten k then yes d plates technically

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
If the boat is in the bed of your truck and your truck weight is over 10k lbs then technically yes.

If it's on a trailer I doubt you have much tongue weight to make the truck weigh in at any number worth being worried about

Now if I had my truck hooked to my boat and a thousand lbs of gear in my truck and boat somehow had a thousand pounds of tongue weight and the truck weighed in at ten k then yes d plates technically

Ok so it’s if the truck itself weighs over 10k? Tongue weight included, I was thinking truck and trailer

093LZ

Regular
May 16, 2012
And when you get pulled over the cop will tell you it isn't the DMVs job to understand your truck.

Sad but true, welcome to IL.

Pretty much spot on...........But you can always educate the people who dont know without fucking with their wallets or drivers license.

y
the dealer i used to work for gets fucked with on tollways ALLL THE TIME for weight.

now now, lets play nice:io:

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G

YOU DO NOT NEED B/D PLATES ON AN EXCURSION! It is considered an SUV and can be plated as a passenger vehicle. SUVs have the option of either/or, I don't know why anyone would EVER go through the cost/hassle of plating it as a truck.

Thread Info