Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So me and my mom came to visit my sister today. On the way down, all of her messages within imessage were there. We got to my sisters house, and suddenly the message strings to me, my sister, my aunt and maybe a few more had vanished. But there are still messages there to random people going all the way back to 2017.

I've hard reset. Ive updated iOS. Ive used a recovery tool and found deleted messages but none were us. Ive logged out and back in. Ive done everything the internet said. Imessages was never set to be backed up to icloud....so thats a dead end. Her phone is set to keep messages forever....so wtf?

The only thing I can think to try is to try her ipad once we get back home and see if they show up there.

Anyone have any advice? My mom is pretty upset.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I'm somewhat hopeful if I can get messages to work on the iPad, maybe it will force them.

Because they don't show up as deleted on the recovery program.. And it's literally just messages to / from family. Makes no sense.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Got home....tried everything. Sync'd with icloud (also turned on backups)...messed with the ipad, messed with more phone settings....had a glimmer of hope when messages said "downloading from icloud" but nothing happened. I think she was mostly upset b/c there were a few texts saved from my dad.

The one take away from today, after fucking with iOS all day...I will never buy an iphone, ever. Its great that it works so well for so many, but I fucking hate it. So theres that.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
It is what it is. Maybe they'll magically reappear. I bumped her icloud storage up as it was super low...some folks on reddit says that will bring them back.

The important thing is I started backing up her photos years ago so at least she'll never lose those.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Since I have switched jobs several times in the past four years, LOL, when I delete my company email, I lose contacts and messages similar to what you mentioned. I would lose like my daughters info.

Create a new text using your dad’s actual numerical phone number, the old messages might come up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info