Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Its no more dangerous than the flu.

Unless your immune system is already compromised you aren't really at great health risk from it. But even the flu is deadly at that point too.

The children who died were already in the hospital for various reasons with compromised immune systems. Its a tragedy for those family to be sure. But the sky isn't falling yet.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
These kids were with dozens of auto immune compromised youths in somewhat of a long term care, bubble boy type medical facility. An infection got in and the facility had no answer for it. They didn't have room to quarantine the sick kids so the adenovirus spread.

Their bodies don't have defenses for the rather common adenovirus category of diseases. As mentioned, it's like the flu and healthy people get over it in a week or so.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
If you have no immunities and you get a vaccination, I wonder if that could give you the disease itself? Vaccines use either a dead virus or a weakened virus. The weakened virus would probably still be dangerous for someone with no immunities.

If you're looking at a yes or no answer for getting vaccinations, it's a strong yes. Very few people have bad reactions to vaccines and the huge majority get protection against the disease without any side effects. In most cases, I think the very bad side effects are much less than 1% of people who get the vaccines. Sucks for the .0 something % people but it's good for the 99.X%.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info