Going, Going, Gone!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Moments after artist Banksy's latest painting sold for $1.4 million in a Sotheby's auction, a shredder hidden in the frame activated and shocked attendees watched the painting get shredded into strips. Banksy has a sense of humor.

The auction house is exploring their options since the painting was technically sold first and it may be worth more now that it is shredded. :rolleyes:

iu

iu

https://www.foxnews.com/world/banksys-painting-self-destructs-moments-after-its-sold-for-1-4m

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
$1.4M for that?!? I must not really understand art. I feel like some of those artists could shit on a canvas and someone would spend $1M to get it.
Whats funny is its value doubled after the shredding :bowrofl:

And people wonder how money is laundered....its cause "art" has an infinite value...perfect for money laundering.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I am genuinely curious how he pulled this off. It said this painting was a 2006 reproduction, so he let it go 12 years ago.

How did he have a power supply in there for 12 years? He must have had some sort of radio in there to be able to receive a signal to trigger...I just don't know how you could pull that off. Who else was in on this? Clearly someone at Sotheby's felt the weight was off compared to a normal framed painting.

Disclaimer: I'm nothing even close to an engineer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info