Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/02/us/guns-stolen-from-ups-trnd/index.html

CNN)When 400 guns go missing, there's cause for concern -- understandably.

For two days, agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) and local law enforcement searched for two men who stole that many weapons from a UPS facility in Memphis.

The burglary occurred Sunday. Officials say two men drove up in a U-Haul truck and made off with about 400 guns.

On Tuesday, the ATF's Chicago office said "hundreds of guns" stolen from the distribution center have been recovered in Illinois.

The office said it has one person in custody, but it's looking for a second.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Those guys are gonna get like 5 years tops.
If charged by the state then I agree.
Feds are going to pick it up if they havent already.
Feds will slam their asses with at least 10 years depending on their previous criminal history. Federal sentencing guidelines is based on a point system that takes your past history in to account. Everything you have done no matter how minor adds points to your guidelines.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
If charged by the state then I agree.
Feds are going to pick it up if they havent already.
Feds will slam their asses with at least 10 years depending on their previous criminal history. Federal sentencing guidelines is based on a point system that takes your past history in to account. Everything you have done no matter how minor adds points to your guidelines.

ATF is federal, crossed state lines, so it's a federal crime

I'd agree except look at how straw purchasers actually get charged vs their crimes. That said, 400 guns will be like 2K years+ for each of them.

If Kimmy Fox charges em they'll be out on an I-bond looking at 2 years. :rofl:

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I'd agree except look at how straw purchasers actually get charged vs their crimes. That said, 400 guns will be like 2K years+ for each of them.

If Kimmy Fox charges em they'll be out on an I-bond looking at 2 years. :rofl:

Kim Fox doesn’t have shit to do with it. It’s a Fed case, whole different animal.
Feds are cracking down on gun crimes.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Yikes.

d6b610c79a73418cd3907f5daad4b0ce.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info