Problem with my new X1 Xfinity Comcast Remote

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Just changed my service to save some money for the first 24 months. I have 2 tv’s and cable boxes. Everything works great except when I use the All Power button to turn off the tv and cable box. Only the tv turns off. Lol.

I checked everything in settings. I turned the power save mode to both on and off and it still doesn’t work right.

And a couple times in the morning. When everything has been off for 12 hours. The main cable box won’t turn on. I have to unplug it for 10 seconds. And restart it. Then it works.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
There’s a power down selection you can click on too. Under settings. Still something isn’t right. And if I call them up, usually the person on the phone doesn’t know what they’re talking about. LOL.

af2e5133d38bd1f331a116b109d18b73.jpg

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
There’s a power down selection you can click on too. Under settings. Still something isn’t right. And if I call them up, usually the person on the phone doesn’t know what they’re talking about. LOL.

af2e5133d38bd1f331a116b109d18b73.jpg
Nope that is correct. You can power it down if you want but the controller isnt supposed to turn it off

....5 seconds of google later....

Why can't I turn off my X1 TV Box with my remote control?
This feature was disabled to address issues that our customers had with keeping their TV and TV Box power synchronized. Because the remote communicates with the TV and TV Box using different signaling technologies, one device would sometimes get turned off while the other was turned on. We do realize that disabling the*Off*button on the remote control isn't ideal, and we are looking into options to address this issue. In the meantime, you can turn the TV Box off using the*Power*button in its front panel

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info