What's your stress reliever?

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Last week has been a real bitch. My son was buried end of april (see my other thread) and it's not getting any easier. We just had the dedication on sunday then had to sack it all up and go to an engagement party and put on our happy face. I uninvited my parents to the dedication because my mom just doesn't get what we are doing and seems to throw her negative 2 cents in. Now my dad and my brothers are all jumping in to tell me i'm basically a piece of shit. In a nut shell basically on top of everything else going on.
I haven't slept in 2-3 days. I'm exhausted and stressed out of my mind and can't get any of this out of my head. I usually turn to welding but just can't seem to get in the zone anymore. Anyone have any thoughts/ideas of way to clear my head and relieve some stress.
I feel like I literally just want to scream :angrys00ls:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Sorry, man, it's impossible for me to comprehend what you must be going through. Perhaps there's a support group or community that can help. My most effective means of relieving stress is simply talking it out with my wife. Second to that, zoning out on a movie or TV show that requires little brainpower.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
You joke but maybe screaming will help. Sucks you're going through this drama. But don't bottle it up. Go shooting. But most importantly, I would recommend talking to someone. Whether it be a friend, a professional or a hooker.

Although I'm in Alaska and not much help, if I can do anything, don't hesitate.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Ya I may just have to let out a big yell
can't screw since I don't want my mind to be elsewhere but we do have a very healthy sex life
Can't work out, my back is shit from and my wrist is jacked up. I did try it at my in laws place the other day and literally a few reps my back was hurting and it wasn't much weight so i try to be as easy as I can on it.
I have actually been spending more time in the hot tub than normal.
I woud love to go shooting; sadly one of my guns is at my parents house.
The wife and I do go to a therapist every saturday just to help us grieve and it helps a lot for sure, but mid week stress it doesn't help much.
spirited drive would be great..oh wait i have a fusion haha.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Very sorry to hear.

Exercise
Guitar
Fishing

Agree with, find someone you can talk with.

I tried to talk to 2 of my brothers but it became very clear they said all I do is cry poor me.
Well ya..sorry your kid didn't die. Your other kid didn't have fpies, your other kid didn't get 10 hospital visits with overnight stays with nasty viruses, tubes up their nose, cathidurs, and your wife didn't almost die 2 times. You didn't get dragged through the mud for a 4 year divorce and get left with $12 and 1 pillow. I did. This has been the downside of the past 3 years of my life. So maybe it has been poor me but nobody else has been through half of what my wife and I have.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Very sorry to hear about all that all at once and continuing on. like most mentioned can't even imagine. If this was more about general work/life stress I would say what most people do which is taking the edge off with beer and whatnot outside of workouts/sex, but probably the worse approach here.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
You have to let go man. Nothing you did, can do or will ever do will change what happened. Keep telling yourself that god had a better plan for him. Much more important than anything here on earth. And the best part is hes waiting for you when its your time. Dont dwell on the negatives. Just keep talking about the positives. Same with your wife. Only you both know how this feels, so keep standing eachother up. If she gets down, suck it up for her. And same for her to you.

And do something as a tribute. We did tats of our little guy's feet on both of us. And we release balloons on his birthday, or basically anytime our kids get balloons. Good luck to you.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
You have to let go man. Nothing you did, can do or will ever do will change what happened. Keep telling yourself that god had a better plan for him. Much more important than anything here on earth. And the best part is hes waiting for you when its your time. Dont dwell on the negatives. Just keep talking about the positives. Same with your wife. Only you both know how this feels, so keep standing eachother up. If she gets down, suck it up for her. And same for her to you.

And do something as a tribute. We did tats of our little guy's feet on both of us. And we release balloons on his birthday, or basically anytime our kids get balloons. Good luck to you.

Yea we did balloons and wrote on them at the funeral and the unveiling of the headstone too. So did the kids. We visited a few times. I do want a little tattoo. I know exactly what I want but just need time to find a font.
Wifes Facebook friends had a tree planted in israel for him (she is the jewish one) and her other co workers had a brick or something done at botanic gardens

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info